She ran into the hospital she'd been told to go to, she'd been in way to many hospitals recently. She hadn't seen her mother for many years, she didn't even know if she would be able to recognise her. But in a way she hoped that she couldn't.

"Hello, I'm looking for Bella Lakeside." Amber said smoothly, watching the receptionist find her name. "Yes, third floor. First door on the left." The woman bluntly said, in a strong Texan accent.

Apparently this hospital didn't have room numbers. Sighing, Amber took the elevator, up to the third floor. The elevator was empty, and it was playing Eminem quietly. She bit her lip, this isn't what she needs to think about right now.

Her mother wasn't in a stable condition. She was awake yes, but the doctor had already told her she had a week to live. Turns out, ever since Amber left she's been doing even more drugs then before.

Amber walked into the room, her mother looked so very different now. Her hair was no longer platinum blonde, it was just grey. It was grey and course, and so was her skin. Her skin didn't have a colour of life to it anymore, it was almost similar to the skin of an elephant. She also wore glasses now, that's new.

She peered up at Amber, and smiled. Did she recognise me? "You've grown up dear." She mumbled, her voice cracking and shaky. Amber didn't smile back in response, she didn't deserve it. "I never expected you to come here.." she continued, shakily moving her hands to her sides.

"Well I came to say goodbye." Amber confidently said, she felt like she was facing her demons, seeing her mother like this.

She nodded, "I was the worst possible kind of mother, but please look after my daughter Rose when I'm gone." But before Amber could reply, Bella shut her eyes, she was gone. Doctors came rushing in, but it was too late. This seemed all to similar to a movie, but she was gone.

She walked out of the hospital, she didn't even shed a tear. "Goodbye mother." She muttered to herself.

She glanced at Rose, she was a curious girl. She was only a year or two younger then Hailey. But she was beautiful. She had fawn coloured hair, which laid limply on her shoulders, her eyes were green and her skin was pale.

"She's lovely, a real good girl." A woman told Amber, she was her caretaker here. Amber nodded at her smiling. "You need to sign these papers.." a woman said to Amber handing her lots of registrations, and other things. And within three hours, Amber was walking out with her new adopted daughter.

She didn't realise she was having to adopt the kid as her daughter. Because turns out, the child wasn't even her mothers, it was the child of her ex from another marriage. So here she was, with her daughter.

Rose was a pleasant girl, she was polite and had been raised well. "Where are we going miss?" She asked Amber as they got onto a bus. "Call me Amber.." Amber told her, Amber had decided on staying here for a while. She wanted to get to know Rose better, and besides it wasn't like her mother lived in a trash house anymore, it was actually quite nice.

Rose showed Amber her bedroom, it was nice. All pink and princess like. "You have a nice bedroom, Rose." Amber told her. Rose smiled in response "Thank you!"

It was funny how, they had only been together for a day, and they already were hitting it off extremely well. A little while later, a woman came around to the house, and explained all of Roses routines, where her school was, and any allergies. Although, she already had them on paper.

"You're going to be a great parent!" The woman told Amber before leaving. That was reassuring at least. She read Rose a story book, something she thought she was not going to have to do. But she did enjoy it, and she fell straight to sleep. Note to self: Cinderella is her favourite book she thought.

She decided to head to her room, and video call Marshall. "Hey Amber!" He said once it had connected, he was clearly happier now she'd called him. She waved back to him, and did a 'shh' gesture with my finger.

He looked up at Amber quizzically, "She's really beautiful Marshall." Amber whispered, then realisation hit him. He smiled back at her, happy to see that she was feeling better. "How's your mom?" He asked her, and watched her face change.

"I managed to say a few words, but she just- died in front of my eyes." She mumbled, and looked away from the screen. "Oh.. Anyway.. when are you coming back?" He asked her quickly, trying to change the subject.

She took a deep breath, "I don't know if I can, well not for a while. This is where Rose's home is, I can't take her from it.." she told him, he looked at her his eyes gray.

"Marshall, if it was your daughter, you'd put her first." Amber told him. He nodded relatively understandingly. "I understand, I'll see you soon then." He bluntly ended the call, I felt bad but Rose was my main responsibility now. So if she was going to move back to Detroit, she needed Rose's agreement.

(Thank you for 100 votes and also Rose is going to be an amazing character.. she's so adorable!!!!)