Chapter 106: Mastering

Start from the beginning

"Nah!" I replied, shuffling deep in the undergrowth.

"Fine then." Annie stepped into the forest, cracking some twigs and sticks with her hefty step. I lowered myself even more, bunching up my muscles as I kept my eyes fixed on the walking girl.

The girl stopped, her head cocking in my direction. "I can smell you, you know."

Shit, I forgot about that!

Before I had enough time to think up of a plan, Annie launched herself at me, claws outstretched and ready to tear me apart.

I slid forward, quickly lying down on my back and kicking out my legs to her stomach, throwing her behind me. The dew of the grass below dampened my clothing as I flipped around, frantically gazing back and forth for anything that could be of use.

Stop running and fight!

Ziahra's order rung loudly in my ears, and I prepared myself for a battle with the skilled werewolf head on. This time, I was the one to rush forward, barreling Annie as she was just about to stand up, pushing her through bushes and shrubs before kicking her away.

As she was flying in the air, I jumped slightly higher in her direction, with the plan pummel her to the ground. But Annie still had her eyes on me.

She twisted mid air and grabbed my shirt tightly in her hands, positioning me below her to cover her fall. I could only stare at the nearing ground as Annie locked my arms behind my back and forced me to remain in that position,

Falling from several feet in the air with a person landing on me was more painful than I ever imagined, but I couldn't just let that be the end of me. In anticipation of any wound, injury or bones I might break, I had begun a healing process on myself right before I made impact with the ground, so that I wasted no time in getting back up.

With the pain of falling added to healing, my body felt like it was being drowned in lava, and it took every cell in my body not to scream in agony. I couldn't let Annie know I was in so much pain.

I forced the healing to go faster, fixing all the fracture in my ribs as they were crushed beneath me. My teeth were clamped shut as I used nearly all my strength to throw Annie off of me.

She let go of her lock, collapsing to the side with a grunt. My lungs were out of breath and I knew I was losing energy fast. Without a second to lose, I empowered my limbs again, sprinting through the undergrowth and heading straight for the blonde.

Annie didn't hold herself back, she too ran forward, eyes glaring and ready to rip me to shreds. I knew she would easily beat me at speed, and so the only way for me to land a clean hit was to take one from Annie herself.

I took a deep breath, and prepared myself for the moment. Annie's right hand struck out, and I simply used my left as my shield, allowing it to inflict full damage on it as I put all my strength into my right arm.

Time seemed to slow down as I lowered my left arm and got ready to tear her down with my right, but out of the corner of my eye, I saw the girl getting her left arm ready for another strike.

If I attack now, we'd meet in the middle. We'd both get wounded, and I still have my other arm to heal. That's going to drain me of my last bit of energy.

I don't know how many milliseconds it was, but it was a decision faster than the speed of light. I diverted all my power from my right hand to my legs, but still pretended like I was about to strike with my right hand.

Annie fell into the bait, ready to go head on with her own set of claws. With a little bit more impulse thinking, I knew that for this attack to completely end all this, I had to go all out.