“As Alpha, I demand that you tell me where she is.” I growled, using my rank against her.

            I heard a humorous laugh escape her lips as she turned around and flipped me off, while calling me several other offensive names. I knew she never cared about rank and that if she knew something and I wanted to know, she wouldn’t tell me, even if I used my rank. I growled, hitting the same tree again, causing my once healed knuckles to bleed again. I hated myself right now for the way I was acting. To think having a mate would be this hard.

            It was nearly nine o’clock when I had calmed down enough to head back to the pack house. I planned on finding where Izzy was tomorrow, and try to get Alia to tell me where she was, or I would be searching all day to find out where she had gone to calm down. I headed into the kitchen to get something to eat, since I hadn’t eaten all day. Everyone was in their rooms for the night, Alia had probably told them I was in a bad mood.

            Tonight was going to be bad because it was always harder to sleep when Izzy wasn’t with me. I headed upstairs and decided to lay in bed and try to sleep, even though I knew that it wasn’t going to happen any time soon. It was about ten o’clock when hit with a wave of pain filling my body. My head started to throb and that’s when I heard Izzy’s scream before everything was cut off. I bolted out of bed, running as fast as I could to Alia’s room, flinging open the door. Gavin and her were in the middle of a make out session, but I didn’t care. Alia let out a scream and demanded that I get out but I didn’t listen.

            “Where the hell is Izzy, she’s hurt and in trouble.” I growled, my eyes turning black as my wolf was trying to get out.

            The look in her eyes told me that she knew not to mess with me and that’s when she told me Izzy was at the hotel on Second Street in town and what room she was in. Gavin and Alia wanted to come but I ignored them as I ran outside, shifting and running as fast as I could to the hotel. I tried to contact Izzy but there was a wall up between our connection. This panic caused me to run faster towards the hotel. I arrived at the hotel, shifting into human form and slipping on a pair of clothes I brought with me. The first thing I noticed was that Izzy’s door to her room was slightly opened. I slammed it open, and scanned the room, searching for her and the twins.

            My breathing was uneven and I could feel my wolf desperately trying to get out. When I realized that my family was missing, tears clouded my vision but I was able to see the folded piece of paper on the bed. I nearly ripped open the paper, desperately wanting to see what it said. My jaw clenched and my blood boiled when I saw what the note read.

            “Hello Jace, I’m guessing that you are freaking out by now, wondering where your precious wife and children are. Maybe you shouldn’t have pissed her off and caused her to run from you. Now she is with me, probably second guessing her choice to come to this hotel. It sucks that you caused this and make it so easy for me to take her. Most Alphas are smarter than to leave their mate unprotected even if they are fighting. It’s a shame that you’re never going to see her again and I’ve made sure of that. Karma’s a bitch, isn’t it? Hope you enjoyed my revenge, I think I’ve done pretty well, see that you have had your family ripped from you. Talk to you later, your loving brother, Jason.”

            A growl escaped my lips at the thought of Jason having my wife and kids. I mind linked everyone in my pack to be on the look out for Izzy, hopefully someone would see her. My best trackers were already awake and starting the search for my mate. By the time I reached the pack house, all the lights were turned on and everyone was out searching. Jason couldn’t have gotten too far with Izzy, at least I hoped not. Alia was waiting for me on the porch of the house, watching me with caution.