The Talk

You could say that I was terrified or paranoid, either would be true. I locked the door after Jason left, and every ten minutes I found myself checking the lock and peeking out the windows to see if I saw Dillon or Jason. I knew sooner or later the two would work together. The twins were still sleeping on the bed, and I knew that there was nothing I could do to protect myself from both Dillon and Jason. What was I going to do? For all I knew, Jason went and got Dillon and they are coming to get me and the twins. Tears filled my eyes at the thought.

            I needed help, but I refused to go back to the pack house where my cheating mate was at. I mind linked Gavin telling him to come to the hotel and not to tell Jace or I’d never forgive him. I prayed that Alia was giving Jace a hard time for me. Thankfully, Gavin said he’d be here as fast as he could. I sat on the floor, not wanting to sit on the bed and wake the twins and not wanting to sit on the couch, where Jason sat.

            An hour later, there was a knock on the door and part of me didn’t want to answer, even though it was most likely Gavin. I slowly walked to the door and looked out the peephole, which showed Gavin. I opened the door up and he walked in, staring at me like I was a piece of glass that could break at any minute. Alia walked in the door after him, which I wasn’t expecting. I wrapped my arms around both of their necks, holding them tightly to me.

            “I’m glad you came.” I muttered, holding back my tears.

            “Of course, my job is to keep you safe.” Gavin replied.

            “And I’m your best friend so of course, I came.” Alia replied with a small smile on her lips. We all jumped when Zack started crying, along with Rayna. I sighed loudly and held my head in frustration.

            “I got them, tell Gavin what happened.” Alia said as she walked over to the twins and started to play with them, making the crying stop. 

            He took a seat on the couch and I walked to the door and locked it, still paranoid that someone would barge in. Gavin gave me a questioning look and asked me to sit down but I shook my head no, saying I wanted to stand, which wasn’t a lie, but wasn’t the full truth.

          “Jason visited me.” I said bluntly.

            “What?” Gavin growled, surprising me by the way he acted.

            I explained everything that happened and what all Jason said to me. I would have been done quicker, if Gavin didn’t keep interrupting and growling when I would say things. I know he wants to protect me and that I’m his Luna and all, but still, he needed to stay calm. If he freaked out, I knew I would too and that would be a terrible combination. 

            “You need to come back to the pack house so you’re safe.” Gavin instructed, but I shook my head no.

            “I can’t go back there and face Jace. If I could never see his face again, I’d be too soon.” I replied, stubbornly. 

            “Come on, Iz, Jace is flipping out at home. He broke most of the furniture in the living room and locked himself in his office. He’s going crazy that you left.” Gavin replied.

            “Izzy, listen, I talked to Jace and he kept telling me it was all a misunderstanding and it wasn’t what it looked like. I know everyone says that but cheating for werewolves about kills them inside, there’s never a reason for them to do it. Please, just hear what he has to say.” Alia chimed in.