Vision

I heard Jace calling my name but I couldn’t reply. I reread the text over and over, each time making myself cry even more. The twins were crying but I ignored them, not caring if I was being a terrible mother right now. My body was frozen in fear. Even if I wanted to move, I couldn’t. Why was this happening? This was the worst of times for this to happen. We had Jason last night and now Dillon.

            What sent shivers down my spine was when he called me his beautiful wife. He was truly insane. I remembered that we were technically still married to each other and I hated it. I was Isabella Adair, not Isabella Anderson. Jace bursted into the room, but I didn’t look at him, I couldn’t. I wanted to tear my eyes from the text, but I couldn’t. He rushed over to me and grabbed the phone from my trembling hands.

            “Izzy, are you okay?” Jace asked, shaking my shoulders.

            That snapped me out of my frozen state and I looked at him with tears in my eyes. I shook my head no. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him close to me. He still hadn’t read the text yet, and I didn’t want him too. I didn’t want him to worry about another thing. He pulled away from me and read the text, leaving me to watch him closely.

            “Jace, I’m sick of this. I’m tired of feeling scared when I look outside or even wake up, because I could have been kidnapped. I’m terrified something could happen to you or the twins. If anything happened, I’d never be able to live with myself. I-I hate this. I don’t want to have to worry about being kidnapped or you being killed. I want to worry about how my hair looks or what I want for dinner or how to impress you, not all of this!” I yelled, sobbing into my hands, not looking at Jace anymore.

            “Look at me Isabella.” He instructed, and I slowly drew my eyes up.

            “I promise you that he will not hurt you. He won’t get within miles of this place. I’ll put up more guards and no one will get into our territory to get you or anyone for the matter. Do you trust me?” He asked.

            “Of course, I trust you.” I replied, thinking he was crazy for asking me that. We were mates and husband and wife for crying out loud. We were madly in love and have two beautiful children together.

            “Then believe me that I will keep you safe. And if I do fail, I will rescue you, no matter what.” He said, wrapping his arms around me.

            “I love you, Jace.” I said, finally noticing that the twins were still crying.

            “I love you more, Isabella.” He smirked, giving me a quick peck on the lips.

            I grabbed Jace’s hand and we walked over to the twins. I grabbed Zack, since he would have a fit if Jace picked him up and not me. Jace picked up Rayna and snuggled herself into Jace’s chest as Zack did the same thing to me. I smiled as Zack stared up at me with his big, brown eyes.

            “Aren’t they so beautiful?” I asked in awe.

            “Very. They are the perfect mixture of both of us.” Jace said with a grin.