Decision

Standing before me was Jace, dressed in a black and white tux. Surrounding him were white shinning candles that lit up most of the cave. There was a blanket spread out on the ground with a picnic basket resting on it. A large smile was plastered on his face and I couldn’t help but return one back. I placed my gifts on the ground and ran over to Jace, wrapping my arms around his neck.

            “This is the nicest thing you’ve ever done for me.” I whispered in his ear, not wanting to break the silence.

            “I’d do anything to make you happy again and for you to forgive me.” He replied.

            Before I could say anything else, he grabbed my hand and pulled me down so that we were sitting on the blanket. He started to pull out two containers, along with a bottle of champagne and two wine glasses. He poured me a glass and I quietly thanked him. When he opened the two blackened containers, my mouth started to water. Inside was spaghetti and meatballs, which a side of garlic bread. 

            “Damn, you know my weakness. These are my favorites.” I groaned with pleasure as I took a bite.

            “I know.” He smirked.

            As we ate our dinner, I continued to ask him how he set this all up and other things about the date, but he refused to answer anything, all he did was laugh. Once I finished eating, he pulled out another container. What else could he have? My eyes widened when I saw what else he had.

            “Chocolate covered strawberries.” I muttered, my stomach practically growling for them. My favorite dessert of all times. God, I loved Jace. He did all this for me.

            “I love you, Jace. Thank you, for all of this.” I said, leaning over and placing my lips against his. He was about to deepen the kiss when I pulled away. He growled in frustration, causing me to laugh.

            “I have to eat my dessert first.” I smirked, shoving a strawberry in my mouth.

            When I was done eating, Jace told me he wanted to show me something around the corner of the cave. I followed the trail of candles until they stopped. I stood in awe staring at the most romantic place I’ve ever seen. There was a huge waterhole that had the clearest water I’ve ever seen before. The only light was coming from the small candles and the huge, hole in the ceiling which allowed a hint of moonlight to shine through. There were long vines hanging from the ceiling and water from a small waterfall was falling down in the middle of the pool. Jace led me to the edge of the water and then started taking off his clothes.

            “What are you doing?” I asked.

            “What does it look like? I’m going swimming. I don’t need my clothes wet.” He said, smirking.

            Once he was fully undressed, boxers and everything, I looked away, not wanting to stare. Of course, I’ve seen him naked before, obviously since I got pregnant, but I was still shy when it came to seeing him like this. He walked over to me and caressed my cheek, turning my head so that our eyes would meet. I could already feel the blood rush to my face.

            “Come on, you’ve seen me like this before and I’ve seen you.” He smirked.

            “I know.” I mumbled under my breath.