Beach day

The next day, Saiki walked into class to see a crowd around something. well, more like someone. He thought he'd just walk past the group and go to his seat but, past Y/n's overwhelming thoughts, he heard one thing: coffee jelly. 

The whole crowds thoughts were swarmed with thoughts about coffee jelly. A coffee jelly they either all had, or was getting. Not being able to resist the treat, despite how much he hated crowds and people, he joined it. Looking through all the people, he saw the bright red haired girl, Y/n. she had a container in her hands that Saiki assumed had the coffee jellies.

"One for each person please. I worked hard on these last night and I only brought enough for one per person!" She smiled, though he had a sneaking suspicion that the smile was partially, if not entirely, fake. Ignoring that feeling, Saiki pushed past some people as the group started to disband, thought Nendou and Kaido stayed close by as they chatted with her. As the pink haired boy grew near, Y/n glanced over, smiling slightly less than when the group was surrounding her. He wondered if she was just an attention whore if she had some sort of ulterior motive to bringing sweets for everyone. It was not like he cared, he got free coffee jelly out of it.

"Saiki, came for your jelly?" Kaido asked as he pulled said jelly from the case. It was the second to last one, and he guessed the last one was Y/n's. Saiki simply nodded as he took the jelly from the other boy. Y/n smiled at him, but it did not feel as fake as before. If he was honest, she looked exhausted from all the attention, now that everyone had gone away, and had let her guard down now that she was no longer surrounded. He felt slightly bad that he had thought, even for a second, that she was an attention whore. It seemed quite the opposite. She looked relieved that all the attention was gone. 

Don't get me wrong, Y/n is fine with a little attention. Embraces it, actually, and enjoys her time with other people from time to time. However, she easily got overwhelmed, too. Too many people can be too much for her and tire her out pretty quickly. Despite how she was an extrovert, she was glad she did not attract too much attention. 

"I hope you like it, Saiki. I think I am pretty good at making sweets," The pink haired boy's uneasy feeling about Y/n had not changed, and he half thought that she put something in his jelly, but jelly was jelly, so he was going to eat it regardless.

-----

One the jelly fiasco was over, Y/n was sure it had not made a dent in her reputation. Two people were a bit more buddy-buddy with her than before, Nendou and Kaido, but that seemed to be it. It would take a lot more work to make friends, she thought, and sighed. 

Having that many people's attention attracted to her made her queasy. it was far too much for her to handle, but she would have to put up with it if she wanted friends.

Y/n did not remember making friends being so hard. She was a social butterfly, so she was used to putting in little to no work in making friends, but this year was different. Great, something more that made the world feel weird. People who did not want attention seemed to get all the attention in the world, like Saiki. At the start of the year, she tried to act like she did not want it either, but it didn't do the trick. It was like everyone could tell that it was not true, and that she did not mind some attention, and steered clear of her. 

"Hey, jelly girl!" Y/n's head popped up from her hands as she heard a familiar voice. Nendou was standing at the end of her walkway, waving hysterically. "I'm going to invite my buddy to the beach, do you want to come?" The large guy smiled widely, and strangely, the situation made a smile etch its way on Y/n's face. There she was, sulking that it was going to take forever to make friends, then someone randomly shows up on her doorstep, inviting her to the beach. she finally stopped sulking and stood up from her seat on the stairs.