Christmas

Christmas. The time of year that everyone seems happy and festive. They got together with family if they could, swapped presents, and over all celebrated the holidays. However, it was not something that Y/n could join in on.

Y/n was a rather cheerful person, or at least she made herself out to be. She tried to make herself as happy as she could at all times, but the energy from doing it all the time in public was drained when school let out for the holidays. It did not help that everyone seemed so happy to spend Christmas with friends and family, while it was simply something Y/n did not think she could do.

Y/n's family was a strange case of one half was cut off before she was born because of a cheating father, and a mother who was busy taking care of her sick grandmother. Her grandmother had to be moved to a special hospital that treated people with similar issues to what she had, and it was quite far away from where Y/n and her mother lived. Y/n decided to stay living in the house and stay going to school, like a normal student, despite having no one to live there with her.

Normally she would try to spend Christmas with her mom and grandmother at the hospital, but it was not taking visitors during Christmas because of the staff of the hospital being basically cut in half because of the holidays. They wanted the least amount of people in the hospital because it meant less people to monitor to make sure they did not mess anything up.

So, Y/n was home alone on Christmas day, a mug of hot chocolate in her hands as she watched bad Hallmark Christmas movies. She did not enjoy them much, but they were a change of pace from the old movies that she usually watched for her research, so she did not complain. Plus, the stupidity cheered her up a little.

Halfway through her first movie, she got a phone call. 

"L/n, how are you spending your Christmas?" It was Nendou. Y/n had partially forgiven Nendou for the Teruhashi incident. It was Nendou, after all, and everyone knew that he was not the brightest in the bunch. 

Kaido, she had also mostly forgiven. It was Kaido, after all. His guardian spirit was a poodle. He was a softy, and incredibly nervous around pretty girls.

"Watching bad Christmas movies,"

"What? Is that all? Why don't we go out and do something together?" Y/n was skeptical. Did she really want to basically babysit Nendou for Christmas? Well, it beats sitting home alone... She thought. She was not entirely sure, really, and it took some convincing to walk out her front door.

-

Half an hour later and her and Nendou had met at a store. He said he wanted fruit cake, though Y/n questioned why since it was supposed to be the worst Christmas treat, but he got what he wanted and they ran into someone while on their way to the cash register.

"Mrs. Saiki's mom!"

Shit. Y/n knew Saiki would be mad if they ended up at his house for Christmas. Knowing his mom and Nendou, that was what was about to go down. It was a lost cause, and was going to happen regardless now that the ball had gotten rolling, so Y/n did not do much about it.

Soon, they had checked out and were walking side-by-side with Saiki's mom, to Saiki's house. Y/n had a guilty conscious about barging in on Saiki's Christmas. Out of everyone that knew him, it was like she was the only one who could tell he liked his alone time. She also seemed to be the only one who also liked alone time from time to time. 

"You are going to just wear that? It's Christmas!" Saiki's mom scolded her as they walked in to the house. Y/n was amazed she would just scold this girl she barely knew, but then had a hint that something else was afoot. Saiki's mom ran into a room, soon coming  out with a Christmas dress, thigh highs, and a Santa hat. Y/n pouted.