Reveal

TW: Mention of self harm scars
=====

The pair made their way to the h/c haired girls house in silence. The air was incredibly thick, making them each uncomfortable. Y/n seemed to walk slower than usual, wanting to put off the inevitable conversation for as long as possible.

Truthfully, she was not sure why she was so nervous. She didn't even know what was going on with her, why did she feel like she was going to get in trouble for the changes that had happened to her body? Something that she could not control, and did not know why they happened.

They made it to the e/c eyed girls home, making dread fill Y/n's stomach in an instant. The two silently travelled inside, and went to the kitchen. Y/n took a coffee jelly from the fridge and placed it in front of the pinkette, along with a spoon. 

Without a word, she left the room, going to her bathroom. She returned moments later with a plastic bag and a handheld mirror. She then grabbed the rag hanging from the ovens handle and wet it in the sink before finally turning to Saiki.

First, she ran the rag over her face. Saiki's purple eyes widened as he saw the obvious scar on her cheek, where the bandage had been before. Then, Y/n held the mirror up to her face, and had her fingers near her eyes. She touched her pointer and thumb to her left eye, making Saiki flinch. Then, he noticed an eye contact on her fingers as she pulled back, and saw the e/c that was hidden beneath the contacts.

After removing them both, she lifted her school skirt up, and Saiki looked away, pink flushing his cheeks.

"Saiki," He looked back at her, a hard blush on his cheeks as he looked down, and saw some scars lining one of her thighs. Finally, She emptied the contents of the plastic bag. Red hair dye. 

In front of him stood a girl he barely knew. So many things he knew about her had been false. The red hair, pink eyes, Skin clean of scars. He wondered if there was anything else.

"What are you thinking?" She asked quietly, sitting across from him. He thought about it for a moment. She was lying about her appearance, it seemed. She seemed so sincere usually though, and he found it hard to believe that she was self conscious about her looks. 

"Why did you... Harm your legs?" He asked, looking her up and down. He worried for her. It seemed like an act of self harm. Was she really that upset? You would have never guessed. 

"Really? That's what you're concerned about?" She paused, thinking. "Well, when I first got the wound on my cheek and realized it scarred, I needed more proof. More proof that I can scar from relatively small injuries, which isn't normal. So I did that," The worry Saiki felt slightly subsided upon hearing it was not self harm due to a bad mental state. still, he did not like that she had harmed herself on purpose regardless.

"Don't hurt yourself for the sake of testing something so trivial," He scoffed, sincere concern laced in his tone. She shrugged the comment off quickly, moving on.

"Isn't there anything more important that you want to know?" she asked, a bit of annoyance in her voice. He seemed to be blowing off the thing that had been worrying her for months, like it was nothing.

Saiki sighed, deciding to ask the questions she desired. He did want to know the answers, but he was more worried for her health than anything.

"Why did you change your appearance?" That was the question she had been waiting for. 

"I don't know what caused it. The hair was first. It started growing out in h/c instead of red. Then my eyes. Then, finally, the scars," Y/n explained, walking into her living room and grabbing a few books from her bookshelf. "something that interests me though, is these are common colors of hair and eyes in these books. I have noticed a strange thing about older books and movies. The characters usually have black, ginger, brunette, or blonde hair. Not red, or blue, or green,

"And they usually have brown, green, hazel, grey, blue, or black eyes. Not red, yellow, or even purple, like yours. People in them also often get hurt, and they take a while to heal. They also scar. I've never been able to wrap my head around why these things are though. I have a suspicion it has something to do with the changes...," Y/n trailed off and a sorrowful look glazed over her eyes as looked down. Saiki had opened one of the books she brought and was reading one of the pages she had bookmarked as "Susy breaks her arm. It doesn't heal until the end of the book,".

"What's wrong?" 

"My grandma talks like this too. That's why she is in the mental hospital. I am going to end up like her after all," The h/c haired girl sighed softly, her eyes getting hazy and droopy as the emotions took over her face.

That was the last straw for Saiki. He had felt bad about what had happened to Y/n's grandma since he found out about it, and the thought of it also happening to Y/n made a horrible feeling bubble up in the pit of his stomach. He hated the thought of telling any non-psychic about his psychic powers, but he felt like he had to. 

"...What your grandma says is true," 

"Huh?" Of course, Saiki could not expect Y/n to believe him right away, or maybe at all unless given proof.

"She's right. when we were around five, the Earth changed a lot, and continued to change, and will keep changing," To Y/n, everything he said sounded like nonsense. She started to wonder if he needed to go to the same mental hospital as her grandmother. 

"Why do you think that?" Y/n asked slowly, trying to figure out if she should have a talk with his parents. 

"I have psychic powers. I am the reason the Earth changes,"

-

-

-

-

-

"I'm going to have a call with your mom. Wait here," The pinkette grabbed onto Y/n's wrist to keep her from walking away, making her look back, to see the serious look on his face. She sighed, sitting down and resting her face on her cheek. "So, go on and prove it, if you want me to believe," She mumbled, looking tired. He nodded and held his hand, facing it at the then empty cup of coffee jelly and the spoon. They began to hover in the air, and Y/n's eyes widened a bit. The objects started to go higher and higher, eventually inches away from hitting the ceiling. 

"Believe me now?" Y/n nodded slowly, watching the objects slowly float back down to the table. 

"So, why did you do it?"

"When I was younger, a boy at the playground fell and got hurt. Of course, I wanted to help. So, using my powers, I did. I did similar things since I was young and stupid, and when I was old enough to understand the consequences of people knowing you have powers, some already knew, and it attracted a lot of attention. I have never liked attention, so I decided to change it so that people heal quickly, and the people who saw me heal the boy no longer thought I was the one who had done it. They thought it was normal,

Similar situations happened, where I had to change something to not stand out. One is making others have equally as strange hair and eye colors, and some have strange appearances or personalities, to drag the attention away from me,"

It was obvious that it was a lot of information to take in. Believing that someone you know had such powerful abilities was crazy. Bringing back the situation of Saiki's mom saying he was psychic, believing someone you know has powers is something you would nervously laugh at more than take seriously. 

Lucky for Saiki, Y/n had noticed several strange occurrences around Saiki specifically, and he had a strange aura about him that she had never known anyone else to have. She was quicker to believe him than anyone else would be. Maybe other than Nendou, who would believe anything anyone told him. 

"Okay, I believe you,"