9. Studios and Statues

Start from the beginning

The next day, Jake rushed over to my dorm, pounding on the door really hard. I opened the door since Hannah was resting (plus she couldn't really walk and her crutches were on the other side of the room) and I was forcing Maddie to study.

"Hey, Jake!" I smiled when I saw it was him. "What's up?"

"I have a surprise for you!" he smiled back. "And I need you to come with me." He took both of my hands in his.

I looked back at Hannah and Maddie. "Don't worry, Cassie," Hannah said. "I'll make sure Maddie studies."

I smiled at her and then turned back to Jake. 

"Okay, I'll come," I said.

"Great!" Jake said and then proceeded to tie a blindfold over my eyes.

"Um, Jake," I said. "Is this necessary?"

"Yes," he answered as he began to guide me through the hallway.

We went down a flight of stairs (I tripped 3 times), walked through the main courtyard connecting all the buildings (I bumped into one of the statues and I'm pretty sure I got a bruise) and got into a taxi.

"You're not kidnapping me, are you?" I asked.

Jake laughed. "No, of course not! We're almost there, though."

"Where exactly, Jake?" I asked nervously.

"You'll see," he answered.

Soon, the car came to a stop and Jake lead me out. 

"Now, you can open your blindfold..." he said as I fumbled around the back of my head to undo the knot.

When it was done, I pulled it off my head and I saw...

"A dance studio?!" I looked at Jake. "You bought a freaking dance studio?!"

He grinned. "Yeah."

"You didn't have to do this! You don't even live in Roseville!" I said. "We could have done practice after hours at the coffee shop, or the-"

"Yes, but this one is ours, our own special little place," Jake said, looking down into my eyes.

My face flushed red as I quickly looked away.

"Let's go inside," Jake offered.

I nodded and we went into the dance studio. It was so beautiful and modern. The ceiling was all glass and was kind of pointed at the top from where a white chandelier/lamp combo thing was hanging from. The light from the sun lit up the whole studio, which was big enough that a couple could live in it. It had a loft made of dark wood, contrasting the white walls and light wood floor. The space below the loft was made into a small kitchen whereas the loft was empty. The main floor was huge and had two classic mirror walls with a ballet bar.

I was breathless. "Wow, this is... Just wow!"

Jake grinned again. "I knew you'd like it."

"I love it!" I exclaimed. "I can't believe that we are going to practice in this place."

I looked up at him and his eyes met with mine again. "Thanks, Jake."

"For this?" he asked. "Oh, this is nothing."

"No, for this whole dance thing," I said. "I never thought I could be more than that nerdy girl who nobody remembers at reunions. In high school, I tried out for the dance team. I got rejected and it always made me feel like I wasn't good enough. But you make me feel like I matter."

"Thank you for that," I finished.

Hey guys!

I love this chapter! This Casake moment is my favourite so far. What's yours? Also, shoutout to queenieexxx's impatience:

 What's yours? Also, shoutout to queenieexxx's impatience:

And shoutout to Slytherinchick25's patience. 😂 Nickannah chapter up in an hour or so. Love y'all and don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

~Lia