sixteen

"Are you sure this is good idea?" You whisper out your bedroom window and down at Suna. 

"No, i'm not sure. That's why you should come." 

It was the night before school was starting up again, and Suna had showed up unannounced with the plan of sneaking you out and spending the night in the city. Months into your relationship with the shockingly impulsive middle blocker, you've sneaked out of the house numerous times. You have yet to get caught, but you didn't intend to end the streak now. 

Standing at the window sill, you bite your lip as your mind jumps back and forth on whether you should take up Suna's proposal. Glancing from your door and back to Suna, you mutter to yourself, "Well, what could go wrong." 

Climbing out onto your window, you slowly lower yourself down the side of the house, feeling Suna's hands wrap around you waist and placing you on the ground.  Taking his hands into yours, he leads you towards the train station, a comfortable silence that has trademarked your relationship settles between you two; nothing awkwards or forced, just the mutual understanding that no words need to be exchanged to enjoy each other's company. 

The two of you are sprinting, hand in hand, down the train platform, trying to reach the last train to the city before its doors close. Managing to barely slip in before the doors hiss shut, you're bent over, head resting on Suna's heaving chest, trying to catch your breath. 

"I haven't run like that...in ages." You breath out, hugging your stomach tightly at the discomfort of a cramp forming. 

Suna slumps into a seat, tilting his head back. "I never intend to run like that outside of practice." 

Taking the spot besides him and resting your head on his arm, you mumble a yes as the train jolts forward. 

Due to the late hour, the train is empty besides you and Suna. "Do you know," Suna starts, taking your hand and playing with your fingers. "How stressful my life would be if you weren't related to Atsumu and Osamu?" 

"Hmm?" You hum, tilting your head up to get a good look at him. "Why is that?" 

He continues, his fingers still fumbling with yours. "I would have to spend every moment worrying if Atsumu had...I don't know...kidnapped you yet." 

You can't help but laugh at Suna's irrational fear. "He does flirt a lot." 

Suna lightly shakes his head at this fleeting thought, finally tightly gripping your hand. 

"Don't worry," You quietly say, with a smile on your face. Shifting up slightly, pressing a gentle kiss on his cheek, you mumble, "I love you, Rin." 

Settling back down into the seat, a crimson blush spreads across his cheeks. "Tch," He tilts his head away to face the other direction, a pathetic attempt to hide his pink cheeks. "Why do you always have to make me look like a bad boyfriend?" 

You hum in amusement, tracing shapes on the back of Suna's hand. "You're miles away from a bad boyfriend, Rin." 

"Always gotta have to do things first, before me." Suna huffs.

Letting out a soft laugh, you pinch Suna's cheek, forcing him to face you. "Say it back, Rin." You smirk, feeling his cheeks warm up between your fingers and watching the blush deepen in color. "Or maybe you are a bad boyfriend, breaking my heart." You continue to tease, finding amusement in this rare moment of a flustered, speechless Suna. 

"You stupid," Suna sighs, grabbing your wrist to take your hands off his face. Hastily kissing your forehead, he whispers, "I love you too, [Name]."