eight

Fuuuuck. 

That was Suna's first thought. Everything was wrong with his body. His head was throbbing, the sunlight peeking past his curtains making it worse. His throat, sore. Nose, stuffed. Limbs and muscles aching. 

Pushing himself into a sitting position on his bed, Suna pressed his palms into his eyes, trying to rub the sleepiness and grogginess away. He doesn't remember much from yesterday, the memories blurring together into a mess from the headache that raged all day. Suna rarely gets sick, but when he does, it's terrible. 

He hears his door softly open, footsteps creaking on the hardwood. Dropping his hands from his face, Suna is greeted with his mom holding a glass of water and a few pills. "Good morning, Rin! You feeling better?" She beams, pressing the pills into his palm. 

"No." 

She lightly laughs, gently sits on the edge of his bed, smoothing the wrinkles on her work suit. "I figured. You would probably be in worse condition if your girlfriend wasn't so caring." 

Suna makes a face, at the discomfort of swallowing pills and his mother's comment. "What are you talking about?" 

Completely disregarding his question, his mom keeps on talking. "Never in a million years would I have thought you would get a girlfriend. Honestly thought that Natsumi would get a boyfriend before you! But i'm glad you found such a pretty and caring girl! She seems like one in a mi-" 

"Mom, what are you talking about?" Suna cuts her off, rubbing his temples. "Who are you talking about?" 

"Miya [Name]? I think thats her name. She brought you back, holding onto your pinky and everything. Such a sweet girl, I can tell." 

Shit. 

Falling back into his bed, Suna lays an arm over his face; to block the light hurting his eyes and to cover the blush creeping up his cheeks. "Not my girlfriend Mom, just a friend." He mumbles. 

The only response from his mom is a reassuring pat on his thigh, before getting up. "Hurry up and get ready for school." 

-♡-

There was really no point in Suna going to school that day; his headache made him even more drowsy than usual, it was an extra hassle to try and focus on the lesson being taught. 

When the bell rang, signaling the start of lunch, Suna slumped down over his desk, closing his eyes. 

"Why'd you even bother coming in today? It's not like Kita is going to let you play." Osamu says, pulling a chair up to the desk. 

Suna just mumbles, wanting to take a nap. 

"Oh, look. Your girlfriend is here." 

Suna lifts his head up slightly, just to catch a glimpse of [Name] and Aiko walking through the door. "Dunno, looks like your girlfriend is here too," 

"Tsk," 

[Name] has a plastic bag looped around her forearm, it swinging back and forth with her walk. She and Aiko pull two more chairs to sit besides them. "Posture," [Name] jabs at Suna's side. 

Groaning, he sits back up in his chair. Now with space on the desk, [Name] plops the plastic bag down. She pulls out a bottle of herbal tea and a neatly packaged onigiri. Osamu reaches for the onigiri, but [Name] swats his hand away. "No, for Suna."