nineteen

The fleeting sunlight from the setting sun pushed past the curtains of the kitchen, slotted bars of golden light shining on the walls and counters. Peering beyond the curtains, you could the see the vibrant hues and pinks, yellow and purple the sun was painting the sky and clouds as it slowly dipped below the horizon. 

Stretching out your sore limbs at the dinner table, sheets of paper, pens and textbooks sprawled everywhere, you whined softly about studying too much. Your mother, preoccupied with making dinner, gazed at you over her shoulder. Shaking her head lightly, a small smile on her face, lay the spatula she was holding down on the counter. Coming behind you, she lay a gentle hand on your head, peering down at you and your homework. "The boys should be getting back soon," She hummed, one hand shuffling through your papers, other slowly patting the top of your head. Noticing the cheeky grin growing on your face, she harshly pinched your cheek. "Don't, egg them on." 

"I wasn't going to.."You whine while rubbing your cheek, glaring up at her. 

"Yeah, yeah," Your mother muses as she returns to making dinner, not believing you. 

As if on cue, the bickering of Atsumu and Osamu could be heard from down the street. You're practically sprinting down the halls to meet them, definitely going to tease them, much to your mother's warning not to. 

Just opening the front door a crack, the cold winter air stung your bare arms and legs, as you were only wearing one of Atsumu's old sweatshirts. Pushing the door open further, a cold gust of wind blew past you, causing your legs to clench together and shiver. You could make out the three figures down the street, slowly making their way up. Atsumu's yelling and complaining grew louder by the minute. 

Giving the neighborhood a mental apology, you stepped out beyond the doorframe, toes sinking into the plush snow that fell last night. The ice stung the bare soles of your feet as you sprinted down the street, leaving a trail of footsteps in your wake. The faces the three boys had on their face, as they realized you were sprinting to them clad in practically nothing. 

"[Name] are you wearing my sweatshirt?" 

"Wait, where are your shoes?" 

"...." 

Osamu, walking between Suna and Atsumu, was blissfully unaware of what was about to happen. Arms wide, you tackled him in a embrace. Normally, your smaller stature would not be able to knock over your larger brothers, but Osamu unable to prepare and brace, toppled over into the white powder. 

Trying to get a proper greeting past your uncontrolled laughter, you rolled off Osamu's chest to lay on the snow like he was. With Atsumu and Suna glaring down at you, the laughs managed to come down enough for you to push out a coherent sentence. "Welcome back...losers." You breathed out, another fit of laughters bubbling up in your chest. 

"Fuck you, [Name]." Osamu huffed out, pushing himself up out of the snow, brushing the powder off his back and legs. Atsumu simply scoffed, before stomping ahead. 

Body limp from laughing too hard, Suna easily pulled you out of the snow. You bounced from foot to foot, the snow stinging your now red feet. Suna, of course, had a deadpan expression as he brushed the powder off your shoulder and hair. "Do you think your family will mind if I steal you for a bit?" He hummed, fixing your messy, damp hair. 

"I wanted to make fun of Atsumu for a bit longer, though." 

"You have all the time in the world to shit on him," Taking his hands off of you, he turns and walks towards his house, leaving you standing barefoot, cold, shivering and slightly wet in the middle of the street, mouth slightly agape.