"Hello senior Faye," Shancai said with a slight smile. "It's great to see you again. Are your grandparents alright? I'm sorry you had to leave the trip so suddenly." Xiayou looked between the two of us.

"You too Shancai," I smile. "My grandparents are alright. Thank you for asking." Even though Ximen made up that excuse, Shancai still remembered. I knew my grandparents were alright and I do hope to visit them soon. They live a few hours away. I turned to Xiayou. "Shancai and I met through mutual friends," I smiled faintly. Meizuo explained to me how Doaming Si probably changed the last minute location of their trip to see Shancai.

"That's wonderful." Xiaoyou smiled. "That means we can see more of each other!" Shancai nods excitedly. The wonderful freshman seemed to be filled with happiness and joy. "What would you like to have today Faye?"

"I'd like to have another one of the Taro milk tea and a croissant for today."

"Coming right up!" Shancai beamed and began with my order. Would you like to have your croissant warmed up?"

"Yes please," I spoke kindly. Xiaoyou rang me out and I paid with cash.

"You can sit down," Xiaoyou smiled. We'll bring everything to you. I thanked her before walking over to the seat I sat in last time. Shancai came over with my croissant and I thanked her.

"Is it alright to sit here with you?"

"I don't mind at all," I smiled at the freshman. I felt at ease being in the shop with the both of them.

"Can I ask you something Senior Faye?"

"Ask away." She smiled before asking her question.

"What was it like in the states?" She asked curiously. "Ximen told me you lived there for a few years." I talked about my parents and I moving to Canada. We lived just a few hours from Toronto. I applied to a few schools including the states. Juilliard offered me a full scholarship and it's one of the top music schools I fell in love with. Visiting there made me realize how much music meant to me. I spent most of my time living in New York with a few of my classmates once I started at Julliard.

"I'm going back to visit my parents during the holiday break," I spoke happily that I get to see how my mother is doing in person. I can't wait to see my father as well and my younger siblings.

"Ah!" Shancai beamed. "You must show us some pictures of the winter! It must be very pretty there when the snow is snowing!" I reached for my phone when I saw a message notification from Ximen. My smile faltered slightly when I quickly read the message.

Bestfriend: Can you at least answer messages from Lei on weibo? Stop ignoring him when he has been trying to schedule rehearsals with you

I mentally sigh to myself wishing Ximen would ask how I am doing. This was the second time I've had any interaction with him and it's about Lei trying to get a hold of me. I'm fine Ximen, thank you for asking. I may not be sleeping as well again, but that's fine that you care enough. I have been eating to my best ability and I haven't fainted since then, thanks for asking Ximen. I quickly scrolled through my photos and hand my phone over to Shancai and Xiaoyou. They looked through my phone as I sat there left with my thoughts.

I know Lei has been trying to contact me. I knew he attempted to speak with me.

Both Shancai and Xiaoyou were both excitedly looking at some of the pictures around my neighborhood in Oshawa.

"Very pretty," Xiaoyou commented before looking up at me with a smile.

"How are you and Meizuo doing?" Shancai asked curiously. "Are you two..." I shook my head and smiled faintly at the sad thought I've ignored Meizuo, because I wanted to personally tell him in person that our dating wasn't going to work out. Ximen made sure I never saw him alone when I am around.

"Meizuo and I are really good friends," I spoke softly. Even though I'm no longer able to hang with them anymore, I did not want to spread rumors or cause drama within the school. Ximen, Meizuo, Lei, and Ah Si were good at covering for me when people asked why I wasn't around them since we've returned.

"I thought...?" She questioned and I had a feeling I knew what she was thinking about.

"Meizuo and I thought it was best to stay friends right now. I'm sort of crushing on someone else at the moment," I faintly smiled. It wasn't a lie. I like Lei. Meizuo and I are sort of friends, but Ximen no longer wants me around them.

"He's a lucky guy to win Faye Calinao's heart," Xiaoyou smiled. "He must be a very lucky guy."

"Yes! Very lucky!" Shancai beamed.

"Th-thank you," I attempted my best to be happy. In reality, it was quite the opposite.

"Does he know?"

"He does," I lowered my eyes to my now empty plate. "I've known about him since the beginning of senior high school." Both Shancai and Xiaoyou awe in unison.

///

Today is my official day back with classes for the spring semester... sadly this means I will be doing 1 update a week 😢 After the prewritten chapters I do have, I hope to make each chapter longer for you! I love writing, but my focus will be on my studies until early May.

Do you prefer a Wednesday or a Friday update?

Next update: Friday