Paris

Crying was not the answer to every problem. Sometimes, there's this need to face all of it. Sometimes, there's just this need to live with the pain until you're too numb to even feel the pain that came your way. Take this time for example, I'm no flying back to Washington with Minho, Eric and Catherine. Two days before New Year's Eve and here I am, sitting in the plane, waiting for it to land. There were so many things I've been wanting to ask, why is the world round? Why are bodies of water blue? Why is the sky limitless? Why do people come into your life? Why do they love you? Why do they keep on loving you? Why do you love them back? Why would they have to be your teacher?

Questions, questions, questions but there is no answer. The only thing I know now is that I would never have the chance to be happy again. I felt the need to jump off the plane and see what happens, but my seatbelt stopped me. There was a loud cry in my heart that will ever stop until I have him I my arms again. We were finally together after five and a half months then, there's this problem that came our way and here we are, away from each other once more. The only difference is that, this will be permanent. Forever.

"Max . . .?" Catherine called

I turned my attention to her, "Yes?"

She looks at me with pity, "I'm sorry for what happened . . ." she spoke

I didn't bother to give out a reply. I looked out the window and a tear fell from my eye and I let out a sigh. A sigh filled with pain and anger that I can no longer suppress. I've been through so much for the past few months and I think it's time to . . . finally let my life go on as it was planned.

Catherine suddenly stood up and I saw Minho stand up as well and they exchanged seats. I stare at Minho as he sits and buckles his seatbelt. He looks back at me and we stare at each other.

"What?" I ask

"Why are you staring at me?" he asked

I raise a brow, "Me? Why are you staring at me?" I talked back

He chuckles, "You look so beautiful when you do that" he teased

I rolled my eyes at him, "What do you want?"

"Tell me, do you really love him that much?"

"Is that a question?"

He nods

"I do . . ."

"You don't know him that well . . ."

"Kyuhyun is the best thing that happened to me. He's the one who made me feel so loved that I could drown with that love"

He breathes in, "Min Ri . . . Please, give me a chance to do what I'm really good at . . . and that is to love you"

"Minho . . . Kyuhyun is the only one I love" I spoke

"You can't see him anymore" he spoke coldly

"I can do something to see him again" I bit my lip, "I will do everything to see him and be with him even if it means running away with him"

"Kyuhyun's a lucky man . . . "

Walking in my room, I place my bag on my desk and power up my laptop. I take off my scarf and take my shoes off and place them in my shoe rack in my walk-in closet. I sit back, typing in my e-mail address and answer all the e-mails sent to me, informing me about my college acceptance. I sit back and a picture of Kyuhyun pops in my mind. He smiles at me with his fingers playing with my hair as we lay back, snuggled in and breathing in one another's scent. The thought makes me think of the days we could've had if Hee Young didn't barge in my house that twenty-fourth of December and suddenly spoke about the relationship Kyuhyun and I had. We were planning on telling them but at the right time of course. I guess with that incident, it only tells me that maybe . . . I was not meant for Kyuhyun at all. Maybe we were just meant to meet ad not actually be in a relationship. The thought kills me and makes me feel like there's that one thing I can never ever have. Him.