The Truth Behind a Smile

Year 850

*STOMP STOMP*

"Christa!" Bertholdt calls for.

Ymir had finally released Christa out of her mouth. She coughed up come slobber that had sneaked its way in.

"Oh! Ymir!" Historia shouts.

*SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS*

As Ymir's Titan form held Christa up, she had exited her nape with steam releasing.

"Christa? Ugh! No- Historia, I'm sorry about eating you...You're uh...Probably pissed." Ymir says as I peek over Reiner's neck.

"Wha-What is this? I- what's going on?! Talk to me! We came to rescue you, Eren, and (y/n)." Historia shouts frantically.

"Just shut up!! I don't need rescuing! Things have changed...I'm with Reiner and Bertholdt now! Like it or not, you're coming with us! There's no future inside the walls!" Ymir shouts as Christa whimpers.

"You should really listen to Ymir...She has a point." Bertholdt points out as I eye him.

"Hear me out for a second, okay? Life outside isn't as bad as you think, believe me. For starters, there's no one saying 'the world would've been a better place if you weren't born."," Ymir says as Historia gasps.

"Yeah! Well, I don't think Titans would say much either way! They'd be too busy trying to devouring me!!" Christa shouts as Ymir clenches her jaw.

"We've all got flaws!!! They're not so bad if you'd just give 'em a break! It's complicated, alright?! Get off your high horse!" Ymir shouts as I gasp lightly.

"Something wrong?" Bertholdt asks.

"N-No, it's just...Never mind." I say as I laid down in the nook of Reiner's neck.

"I could only imagine Reiner's face right now." Bertholdt half-smiles.

"Ymir! I don't know what's going on inside your mind, but you're not making any sense! Come on! What did Reiner and Bertholdt say? You're doing this against your will, they threatened you!" Bertholdt flinches at what Historia said.

"It's the opposite, actually..." Bertholdt says looking up into the sky.

"I'm right, aren't I?! Let go! Whatever they've got on you, I don't care! We can fight them! Put the past behind you! What matters is right now! I'm here! I will always be your ally!" Christa shouts as Ymir and I stare shocked at Christa.

"Ymir. Look, in case you haven't noticed, the Scouts are closing in." Bertholdt says as I rush over to look over his broad shoulders.

'Jean! Where's Jean?!'

"If we'd left earlier, there might've been a decent chance of outrunning them. Going back for Christa was your choice. You forced us. Remember that." Bertholdt says as I skimmed all the Scouts.

"We waited. And for what? Damn it, Ymir! What the hell did we do this for?! You can't have a change of heart! You want her to rot inside the walls? Does that seem acceptable to you now?! Don't be a fool! Think!" Bertholdt shouts.

"Let go! Don't listen to him! Right, (y/n)?! You don't want this either!" Historia shouts reaching out for me.

"I can't!!" Ymir shouts.

'Oh look at the little flowers!'

"I wish I could...I'm sorry, sweetie. I know you think I did this for you. But at the end of the day, I did it for me..." Ymir's voice shook as Christa exhaled heavily.