The Final War

Year 854

*RATTLE* *RATTLE*

Throughout the ride on the flying boat, there wasn't a word to be spoken. The only sound that echoed was the strips of bombs that covered the boat originally and of course the mourning sniffles and sighs that were let out. Even though we hadn't slept in days or at least some of us, we all were wide awake, maybe it was the factor of being overtired, or maybe how many thoughts were rammed into our heads. Everything happened within a blink of an eye. Is this what Ymir meant? That more loved ones would parish?

Is there more? Can't we all just be done, everyone is balancing on one brittle tree branch. We're tired, and now, we head into another. Marleyans and Paradise citizens have finally made somewhat of amends, at least that's for now.

"The fuel, we were only able to fill it halfway," Onyakopon says pointing to the fuel gauge as Armin hovered over him.

Speaking of losing people, we lost our 14th Commander of the Survey Corps, Hange Zoë, and now she left the job to Armin Arlert. Not one doubt passes in my mind that Armin is strong, more brains than brawn that's for sure, but, we all saw the first time Erwin Smith passed. He had a mini heart attack about him possibly being the next Commander of the Survey Corps, but of course, Hange laughed it off.

But, now he is the 15th Commander. It scares me, I know how Armin gets when he is under pressure. But, in the end, Hange put her last words to dedicate Armin to fulfill her duty. You gotta trust Hanges' words, right?

"Will it be enough to get to Port Salta?" Armin asks Onyakopon as I look around to the "many" of us who were standing in the flying boat.

At this point, I'm fighting for whoever stands in this flying boat and no one out of it. Annie's right, the best option of saving this hell is to kill Eren. I shouldn't have a problem, I'll stand for Hange and her belief in me. If Mikasa stops me, I have no choice but to move right through her. Talk about dedicating your heart.

"I will get us there no matter what. This plane that Hange protected is our last hope. I will reach the base, at all costs! So, please...Stop the rumbling. No matter what it takes," Onyakopon says sternly as I look at the ground.

Ymir was right, Eren can't be saved. And hell, if I have to rip the blades out of Mikasas' hands, so be it. I'm not letting anything get past me anymore. So much has already slipped through everyones' very fingertips.

"I will... I'm counting on you, Onyakopon," Armin says, now turning around to face us.

I look up to Armin as he looks at me with will in his eye. Now being a new Section Commander, my duty doesn't quite start until I get my own squad, but that doesn't mean my ideas are completely out of the question.

"Now, shall we discuss the plan?" Armin says, nodding to me as he tosses me a scroll which a catch while walking up to the middle of the flying boats' ground.

"All right, since we could only get such a detailed view on Erens' Titan form, there is only so much we can do to lay him out. The point of his structure is his build made of bones," I say, drawing on the beige scroll with a charcoal pencil.

"If you think about it, the body would be in front of the spine, like most common builds. Using ODM gear is the most solid way of approach using that wide-raged space his back provides, but," I say huffing at the end of my sentence.

"Even if we don't know where he is, it's possible to destroy it, just like how you destroyed the port without a trace, even if Armin has to use his Colossal," Pieck finishes my sentence off as Armin and I nod.