Together × Again

"When was the last time it was just… us?"

"I honestly can't remember… but even then, I'm just so glad to see you again."

"Leorio…" 

The Kurta smiled at this. 

The day was ending, and Leorio had thd group sit outside for one final activity.

Kurapika was snuggled closely towards Leorio, looking for warmth from the ravenette. 

The Kurta looked out over the hill they sat upon, and watched as Gon and Killua tinkered with some machine. 

Kurapika was anxious, he wanted them to hurry up with… Whatever it was they were doing. He did, after all, have some thing to give Leorio after this. 

After a seemingly long time, the two young boys finally backed away from the device.

"Okay! Is everyone ready?!" Killua voice shouted out from over the hills. 

"Ready over here!" The booming voice of Kite answered.

And with permission to start, the Zoldyck started up the machine.

A trail of sparkles shot up into the sky, only to explode after it met a certain height. Obviously, the Kurta was quick to realize what this was. 

"Fireworks? I didnt think they sold them around this time." The blond wasn't complaining, just slightly confused.

Leorio, thankfully, knew this. "I had to go to great lengths to get those. You can thank Hisoka." He explained.

Kurapika smiled at that. For once that clown was useful.

"That's not all I did." Leorio grinned

"Oh?" The Kurta grinned back, "What else then?"

Right as he said that. He heard it.

Music.

"Last Christmas, I gave you my heart.

But the very next day, you gave it away.

This year, to save me from tears;

I'll give it to someone special…"

It was Kurapika's favorite Christmas song.

The Kurta hummed along happily to the music.

"I see your glad about that. Huh?" Leorio teased the blond.

Kurapika playfully stuck out his tounge In response.

The two sat in a comforting silence together, watching as the two boys set off fireworks into the night sky.

Suddenly though, the Kurta remembered something important.

"Leorio! I forgot!" He dug around in his pockets for a moment, before he eventually pulled out the sleek, black box he had this morning.

"Here." He gave it to Leorio, "Its for you."

The doctor stared at the box for a moment. It looked expensive.

He felt bad that Kurapika possibly spent tons on him, but he knew nothing he said would ever make him take it back.

With a smile, Leorio opened the box his lover handed him.

Leorio gasped.

Inside was a beautiful, golden watch; decorated with all sorts of intricate shapes and designs.

But the most amazing part of the gift, however, was the picture of him and Kurapika inside of the watch.

He felt himself start to cry. Did Kurapika get made, just for him?

"I love it..." Leorio spoke, his voice choked up from the sudden fall of tears.

Kurapika smiled, "I'm glad you do. It took me a while, but I managed to get it made."

Leorio smiled.

He stared at the watch for a while longer; before he looked up, and asked a question.

"Can I kiss you?"

Kurapika laughed. "Why is that even a question?"

Leorio chuckled, he had a point.

The doctor gently cupped the Kurtas cheek, and leaned in slowly. Their lips connect, as the fire works went off in front of them.

Leorio pulled away, but leaned his head onto Kurapika's. He missed being close to him.

"Merry Christmas, Kurapika." He smiled lovingly at the blond.

Kurapika smiled back, "Merry Christmas, Leorio."

Their lips connect again.

"This year, to save me from tears;

I'll give it to someone special…"

                   Merry Christmas!