Chapter 4: Deliberations

Start from the beginning

Eyre takes a deep breath and wonders, What did Macai get me into? What did I get myself into? I will see how far my ambitions take me. All I can do is make the most sensible decision that I can think of. What would my father do? So many questions and such little time. Oh well, back on task. I need to be planning our next attack on the Reberro Region.

Play Date

A few days later, Ursa has proposed a chance to finally meet Yosari. This meeting would include Macai and Azula. It would take place at Macai's house with Homeservant Zyger and Maiden Umma as the main facilitators. Ursa may need to get Zuko to come along because his father will not be around during the day and she doesn't want him to be alone at the palace.

Ursa is wearing a white and red dress. With a modest level of makeup and red lipstick. She has a strong perfume that smells like morra flowers. Ursa knocks on Zuko's door. Zuko's room has dark red walls, golden trimmings, dark brown drawers, and a massive bed. Zuko opens the door and see's his mother. Zuko instantly hugs her. Ursa cordially smiles.

Zuko: "What are you up to mom?"

Ursa: "Your sister and Macai are getting closer. I know you are alone, so I am going to meet with his mother today. I wanted you to come, so you wouldn't be left alone."

Zuko shrugs his shoulders, "Sometimes I like being alone. It takes me out of all the daily drama."

Ursa: "I hear Macai is a good boy."

Zuko: "He is from what I've heard and seen. But he is changing a bit being around Azula."

Ursa: "You and your sister have bonded recently. Acting our your favorite plays and I've seen you two laugh together a few times recently."

Zuko: "You know it's on and off, but we have mainly had fun together except for when it gets competitive."

Ursa: "If you really want to stay, then I will let you."

Zuko: "Ok. I'll go, try something new. We will see how it goes."

While this is happening Rokel and Maiden are preparing the living room in Macai's home. The walls are golden yellow with white trimmings. There is a large chandelier over the living room table. Several elegant dishes are placed on the massive white dining table. The chairs are golden yellow and the chandelier emits a bright yellow light. The sun is beginning to set outside, but Macai only had sunrise training for this special occasion.

Eyre is not at home either. Both he and Ozai had extensive planning. Yosari is wearing a black uniform dress with a gold collar. Macai is wearing his standard red uniform and looks out of the window to see when the guests come. Macai's hair is freshly combed and pressed down with grease making it shiner. Yosari pats Macai on the back to get his attention Macai turns and hugs his mother.

Yosari's hair is freshly pressed and she has fresh make up on. She was never much of a fan of makeup and never needed it. Despite this, she knew it was a common custom and put a little on during important meetings as a sign of respect. Her lips glossed with a faint red-pink lipstick.

An excited Macai exclaims, "Mom, do I look good?"

Yosari smiles and reassures him, "You look wonderful."

The Maiden Umma has medium length dark brown hair, pale skin, light brown eyes, and a beige dress with red stripes. Umma is 43 years old, has a nose that hooks down at the end. Unlike Zyger, Umma has a thin body. She stands at about 5 feet and 7 inches tall.

Ursa's carriage arrives. Ursa and her children disembark as two fire nation soldiers with swords escort them to Eyre's home. Zyger's long hair is freshly pressed, and he is wearing a beige uniform with red stripes. Zyger: "They are here. Maiden Umma, please get the door."