5 - adjustments

Penelope POV

I had woken up halfway through our drive home, but stayed in Beth's lap even though she told me that wasn't the safest. She gave in quickly when I pouted at her.

Beth ended up carrying me inside and sat down in the recliner. She kicked the bottom out and laid down in the chair with me on her chest. It wasn't hard for me to fall back asleep since Beth was rubbing my back.

A little while later I had woken up again and while taking a look around the room I saw Beth was asleep along with Mari who was on the couch next to us. I didn't want to wake Beth, so I crept off of her chest and made my way to the kitchen where I found Bella.

Bella saw me walk in and gave me a small smile as I made my way closer to her. "Hi sweetheart," Bella said quietly as she brushed some of the hair out of my face. I put my arms out reaching for her and she got the hint, kind of.

Bella picked me up, but set me on the kitchen counter instead of holding me. She stood in between my legs as she continued to tame my hair.

"Did you sleep okay?" Bella asked and I nodded before laying my head on her chest.

Bella chuckled slightly, "I think someone is still sleepy."

I whined at her causing her to laugh more, "It's okay, you can be our sleepy little girl. Do you want a snack?"

"Peanut butter?" I asked quietly and Bella smiled at me.

"How about peanut butter with an apple, how does that sound?" Bella asked and I let out a little giggle while nodding.

Bella quickly sliced an apple and put a spoonful of peanut butter on a plate. I took one of the apples and scooped a little bit of peanut butter and handed it to Bella. She smiled and took it from me to eat as I grabbed another one for myself.

We snacked on that a little bit before I tried to get off the counter. Bella quickly stopped me, "What's wrong sweetie?" I blushed a deep red before telling her I needed to use the restroom. Her eyes widened as she helped me off the counter.

I still remembered where the bathroom was so I quickly went in there and did my business before walking back to the kitchen where Bella was walking around cleaning up our mess.

I walked up behind her and gave her a hug. She turned around to give me a proper hug and she smiled as she let go, "Thank you for the hug sweetie." She told me as she picked me up and set me onto the counter.

I sat there staring at her as she continued to clean the kitchen. I finally asked a question I had been curious about, "How did you meet Beth and Mari?"

Bella looked over to me and smiled. "I was wondering when you'd ask that. It's a sweet story actually. Mari and I had been together for about a year before we met Beth at the cl-, I mean farmers market. We had really hit it off and decided to um," I watched her struggle with words a little and I chuckled at her.

She raised her brows before continuing, "We hung out a bunch and became really good friends with each other. Eventually we decided we all liked each other more than friends, so we got into a relationship with each other and Beth was the one that asked us to marry her. A year or so later, we were all married and happily living with each other."

I smiled at her story, "I'm really glad you guys met. And that you guys are willing to take care of me."

Bella gave me a smile before pulling me into another big hug, "We are so happy to have you with us sweetie, even given the circumstances."

"Bella!? Is Penny in there with you?" I heard Beth yell in a panicked tone causing me to flinch.

"Yes Beth, she's with me and she's fine. Stop yelling, you know she has a concussion." Bella scolded her wife who was walking into the kitchen.

She gave me an apologetic look before coming to hug me. "Sorry for being loud sweetheart." Beth apologized.

I hugged her tighter, "It's okay, you didn't mean to." I told her and gave her a smile once I saw her relax her shoulders.

Soon enough Mari was walking into the kitchen, "Is the party in here or something?" Mari asked looking around before her eyes landed on me.

Mari came over and gave me a hug, "How you feeling baby girl?" Mari asked me quietly.

I hugged her back as I rolled my eyes at her, "I'm fine Mari. I promise." Mari pulled away and I smiled at her. I turned to look around at all the women and smiled thinking about how lucky I was to still have people who care about me since Ana died.

Thinking about Ana brought me back to reality. "Mari?" I asked causing her eyes to shoot over to me.

"What's wrong Penny?" Mari asked quickly.

I shook my head, "Nothing's wrong, I uh was just curious if Ana had a headstone?"

Mari gave me a sad look similar to the one's Beth and Bella were giving me as well. Mari nodded her head, "Yes sweet girl, she does."

I nodded in understanding, "Do you think we could visit it some day soon? I never got to say goodbye really." I told her quietly.

All three women came over and wrapped me in a hug, making me squished between them.

"Of course Penny. Anytime you want to see your sister we can take you to her." Beth told me as Mari and Bella kissed the top of my head.

I basked in their affection, "Thank you." I told all three of them quietly. They all eventually let go except Beth. She ended up picking me up and setting me on her hip.

It was different with all of the women compared to Karen. Whenever Beth picked me up or any of the women here for that matter, I never squealed or felt uncomfortable around them.

I could never tell Mari this, but I've gotten close to Beth especially since she gives the best cuddles.