52 - momma

Penelope POV

"Oh little one, it's time to wake up." I heard a soft voice say quietly as I felt someone cup my face with their hand. Opening my eyes, I peer out and see mommy is trying to wake me up.

"Hello baby girl. Did you have a good nap?" She asked me and I gently nodded my head yes.

"Momma and mama are home." She told me and I smiled brightly before looking around the room seeing mama sitting on the couch smiling at me. I heard someone bustling around in the kitchen.

I quickly attempt to crawl from the recliner to the couch to say hi to mama, but mommy helps me a little more. "Hi mama." I whisper quietly as I snuggled up with her.

She kissed my forehead and gave me a little squeeze. "Hello baby. Did you have a good nap?" I nodded my head yes and cuddled up with her before I heard more noise from the kitchen.

I needed to talk to momma. "Mommaaaaaaaa!" I yelled for her and mama pinched my thigh.

I looked at her with a pout. The pinch didn't hurt but I don't know why she did it.

"You yelled in my ear baby. You need to use inside voice please." Mama explained and I gave her a quick sorry before I saw momma enter the room.

"Momma." I said quieter while making grabby hands to her.

She gave me a bright smile when she saw me and instantly picked me up to place me on her waist.

"Hello my sugarplum. How are you?" She asked cheerfully and gave me a kiss on the top of the head.

I giggled and cuddled into her. "I's good momma. Baff?" I asked her and she looked at me a little confused.

"Sugarplum, it's the middle of the day. What do you want a bath for?" Momma asked and I whined slightly.

"Need cuddles momma." I explained and she nodded before starting to take me upstairs.

"She was a little upset that you weren't here to help her bathe earlier so that could be the cause." Mommy spoke as we were making our way up the stairs. Momma nodded and told mommy thank you for letting her know.

"Then let's go my baby." Momma said with a little laugh as we made our way into the bathroom.

Momma set me on the toilet seat lid as she got the tub prepared. I have noticed that they have stopped setting me on counters when I'm little because I like to jump off of them. With a broken leg, that does not sound like the best idea.

Momma was finishing up the water before turning to me to help me get undressed. She set me in the water with the plastic cover on my leg before quickly getting herself undressed and climbing in behind me and I turned to lay against her once she was in.

Momma didn't argue since I already had a bath. She gently scooped water on to my back and I cuddled against her chest.

"You know baby, we can have cuddles not in the bath right? I love our bath cuddles, but I don't want you thinking that you can only get these kinds of cuddles during bath time." Momma explained.

I nodded my head yes, but spoke as well. "It not da same. More comfort in bath." I told her and she nodded in realization.

I laid against her for a few more moments before speaking up. "I sorry momma."

She had been rubbing her hand up and down my back, but stopped when I said that. "What are you sorry for sugarplum?" Momma asked and I whined a little again.

"You no trust me and hads to call sister to watch me. Just so you and mommies can go out. I sorry for not being big enough." I told her and she sighed quietly.

"Penelope, you do not need to be sorry for that. Mommies and I do want a date night just because it has been awhile and we need to spend some time together as wives. That is true, but the reason we are calling in my sister and her husband is not because we don't trust you." Momma paused and I looked up at her.

"We trust you so much baby, it's other people in this world that we don't trust. You know who I am talking about too. So even though you will probably be big when my sister is here, at least you'll have two people who can and will protect you. Big or little. Don't be sorry, we're doing this to protect you. Mommies just need alone time sometimes just like big you needs alone time." she explained to me.

"Not because I too much?" I asked a little worried still and momma shook her head.

"You are never too much my sugarplum. We love you and you will always be our perfect baby. Are you okay?" Momma asked and I nodded my head.

"Okay good. I love you so much and so do mommy and mama. Now let's get out of this water before we freeze." Momma said with a little chuckle before helping me out and drying us both off.

Momma carried me downstairs to the kitchen where mommy and mama were cooking. Mama saw me and I reached out for her. She scooped me into her arms and she twirled us around. Unfortunately when she was twirling, she twirled right on to the kitchen sink rug and fell with me in her arms.

Momma and mommy let out loud gasps as they instantly went to grab me. I was laughing like crazy but saw mama was crying. Momma and mommy were trying to pull me up but I pushed their hands away.

"Mama? Mama what's wrong?" I asked frantically sitting back not knowing what to do. Mommy finally pulled me up in to her arms as momma went down to check on mama.

"Mommy, what's wrong wit mama?" I cried and mommy shook her head.

"I don't know little one. Momma is checking her out to see what we need to do." Mommy told me as she pushed my face onto her shoulder.

"When I fell I hit my head. It just hurts a bit, I think I started crying because of the pain and fear that I might have hurt Penny." I heard mama say.

I spoke up, "Mama I no hurt. I okay." I told her truthfully.

Mommy looked at me, "Are you sure?" she asked and I nodded. I think everyone let out a sigh of relief at that.

"We need to get more stationary rugs I guess." Momma said with a little chuckle.

A/N: Hi friends, it's me again. Sorry for all of the delayed uploads. At one point, believe it or not, I would upload every other day. All scheduled and shit. The past couple of months have been weird between going back to therapy, being started on a bunch of new meds, plus graduation on top of that. Just hectic. I am now in Massachusetts on vacation, but wanted to try and post.

Also, because my thoughts get sort of crazy, I was definitely thinking of ways to fuck this story up. Like killing off one of Penny's mommies, or worse, killing Penny. I had a perfect way to do it. Have her get cancer like her sister and have her like laying in the hospital bed with her mommies around her. And as she is passing away, have her say something like "I don't hurt anymore mommies." Then boom, dead. Oooh and then continue the story with the mommies healing and finding a new little that reminds them of penny and ending it there.

I AM NOT DOING THAT THOUGH, NONE OF THAT. I WILL NOT KILL THESE MAIN FOUR OFF. Mostly because I started sobbing at Penny's last line. But no, I've put too much work into this story and characters that I could never kill them. But like think about it, THE DRAMA! Anyways, have a dope fucking Monday. Love you guys!