5

"Ready for class," I asked Justin with a warm smile as appeared beside him. Lunch was over and classes begun. While Tanner and Shaylen were talking, I spoke with Justin for a while and we both decided to get ready for class early since we didn't have anything else to do. As I arrived to my locker, the bell rung, so our plan of being early wasn't so early as we thought.

He closed his locker and turned to me smiling with with his binder and book in hand.

"Yeah, let's go." He said and began walking to class.

"I'm just warning you, Mr. Johnson is a really boring science teacher. Basically you can do anything and he won't care," I chuckled. Mister Johnson couldn't control our class or any class for a matter a fact. I felt bad for him because it's like he couldn't get the courage to stand up and tell people to shut up. He seemed called and yelling at students sure wasn't his character. "He's only good at one thing and that's not giving homework out." It's always nice not having homework especially in a science class.

"He sounds like one of my old teachers in Stratford. He would just let us chill all period just simply not giving a shit." He related.
I snickered.

"Funny how they never get fired. At least nobody fails his class so that's a good thing." I shrugged casually.

"Glad to hear that I'll be passing." He chuckled. "I like science class."

I giggled. "The advantages of a relaxed teacher." Justin smiled at me. Justin really a had a great smile. A smile that just brightens your day.

With that, we entered class and sat down, waiting for the lesson to start. I sat in my usual seat while Justin sat next to Tanner of course.

Sadly, the spot next to be was Alex's. For the last three days, Alex would sit with his friends because he was ignoring me. Today I wasn't sure. We shared eye contact in math which was a miracle. Are my sad eyes enough to wake him up? He never liked hurting me. But he was. He really was.

Twenty minutes pass and Alex still hasn't made it to class. He was usually a good student. He was always on time. People change I guess. I spoke too soon when I see the door opening and revealing Alex with his entourage.

Everybody turned their heads and watched them enter the class. Whispers start flowing around.

"Late again, Mr. Carson and friends," Mr. Johnson said with a little attitude.

"Yeah sorry, I had better things to do," he spoke, his friends are taking a seat in the back of the classroom. "I'm sure. If you boys are late again you'll be getting detention. Understood?" Mr. Johnson warned them but like always he would never do what he says. It's too bad. He should just give them detention. Alex deserved it.

"Okay, Mr. Johnson," they all say at the same time. Alex is chuckling. He turned around and continued his lesson while his friends kept flirting with the girls in our class. Alex spotted me and walked over. He took a seat and looked over at me. He tried to take my hand but I jerked it away and I frowned.

"What are you doing?" I hissed. He looked at me like I was the crazy one. He put his hands up in defense.

"I'm sorry."

"No you're not," I snickered and continued to look straight. I was focused on the lesson.

"I mean, Selena, just hear me out..." his voice seemed to get louder. It's like he forgot we had a class with a teacher speaking. I didn't want the teacher to call us out. "I want to talk," he continued to try to touch me to catch my attention but I continued to tell him to stop. He was distracting me and it wasn't in a good way. He was purely annoying at this point.

"I don't...not right now anyway..." I continued to whisper, "I'm trying to pay attention unlike you."

"Why are you playing hard to get?" He smirked and the teacher finally turned around and looked at us. His eyes are red of anger and his figure sure wasn't happy.

"Please be quiet. I'm tired. This is on your exam. Come on." Is the only thing the teacher said. I bow my head in disappointment. I didn't do anything.

"Sorry." We both speak at the same time surprisingly. I glared him down and so did he. He's brown eyes are so focused into mine that his figure seemed passive and not aggressive. All of a sudden he didn't want to ignore me. He wanted me so bad and I didn't understand what clicked in his mind. I didn't know what kind of game he was playing and sure didn't enjoy playing it.