thirty

J u s t i n

My eyes shot open and see nothing but darkness. With tired eyes, I search for my iPhone. I spread my hands across the sheets and couldn't seem to find it. Since I found myself sleeping on my back, I surely couldn't see where my phone was at. 

I turn my head right to left and still couldn't find it. The moment I stare down at my chest, my iPhone magically appears in from of my eyes.

I tap the home button and my screen brightened in my eyes. I squint for a bit before turning down my brightness to its lowest setting. I look at the time and it was 6:45 in the morning. 

Why did I have to get up so early? I lock my iPhone and place it on the nightstand and snuggle with my blanket that I had brought from home.

I shut my eyes and try hard to fall asleep again. Every little creak or noise coming from outside woke me up. I try for at least fifteen minutes before I gave up. 

My eyes shoot wide open and I pull myself up and move over to the end of the bed where I rub my tired eyes and run my fingers through my messy hair.

Since I was only in pajama pants, I through on a white tee and slowly managed to walk out of the room. I close the door behind me and tip-toed through the hallways to the staircase – I sure didn't want to wake anybody up. I make it downstairs and head towards the kitchen to fix me up a little breakfast. As I got closer, I could hear somebody in there. I turn the corner to only find my mother making herself a coffee.

"Good morning, Justin."

"Hey mom," I mutter, taking a few steps into the kitchen.

"You're up early this morning. It's seven; you usually don't wake up at this hour on weekends."

"I couldn't fall back asleep," I shrug my shoulders and stand beside my mother, leaning against the kitchen counter with my hands griped onto the ledges. I stare down to at the floor, and realize that I really couldn't sleep all night. I wanted to wrap my arms around Selena and hold her as we slept but I simply couldn't disrespect Selena's parents like that. She was on my mind all night. "To be honest, I woke up almost every three hours till seven."

"Someone was on your mind I suppose." She smirks.

I lift a brow, "Please don't start..."

"What," She giggles innocently. "You know I'm right though. I'm happy you two found each other. She makes you happy, and makes the Justin I know. Believe it or not, you've learned from her as much as she's learned from you. I've never seen you so happy in my life, Justin. You did it Justin. You found yourself and I'm so proud of you." She smiles as she holds onto her coffee cup. I couldn't help but smile at my mother's kind words.

I lean over and give her the biggest hug. "Thank you for always believing in me mom, I really appreciate it." I pulls away and face her, her eyes filled with joy.

"Tonight, we're having a huge dinner with the Gomez's; I want you to show them, especially Brian, who is the man who is going to take Selena's heart; to treat her right, to love and respect her. I know you care for her and love her so much. This is one of the only girls I've ever approved."

"I love her mom... so much and I want to be with her for the rest of my life." I say confidently with a smile.