Chapter One

CHAPTER ONE

I couldn't believe it had been four years already. Four years since I'd first met the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with. Four years since I first fell in love with the Slender man.

That weekend in the woods a few weeks before my eighteenth birthday had started it all, and I couldn't have been more grateful to the fates. My eighteenth birthday soon came and went and Slendy told me he loved me. Not too long after that I finally made up my mind that I loved him back.

Things had been difficult in the beginning, what with him being a child murderer and all, but somehow I managed to look past that - don't ask me how, because even I still don't know.

He stopped killing for me - well, killing innocent children at least. I knew he couldn't give it up entirely -he couldn't help what he was after all - but he changed his methods. Now he hunted criminals and other murderers. I could live with that. I still didn't care for the general idea of taking a life, but as long as he didn't talk about it with me, I was alright.

The summer after I graduated high school I moved out of my parents house and bought an apartment near my college in Atlanta. Slendy came with me of course. Eventually I asked him to move in with me. He practically already was anyway, considering how much time he spent at the apartment. For some reason, I just felt the need to make it official.

Another year went by in the blink of an eye. College was fun, I had decent job as a dress consultant in a local wedding dress shop, and every night when I came home, my Slender man would be there for me. My life was perfect.

Except for one thing...

The night before my twentieth birthday I finally brought it up. It had been bothering me a while, but I wasn't quite sure how to broach the subject.

"Hey, um, Slendy?" I asked hesitantly.

He was sprawled on the couch reading the newspaper. The paper was open to an article about a rapist who was found dead in the park. Police were still searching for the murderer. Slendy looked up from the paper. "Yes little one?"

"I, um, I was wondering..." My slight stutter seemed to increase Slendy's interest.

"What is it?" He set the paper aside and sat up. I had his full attention.

Oh lord. How do I say this? Why did I even bring it up? I stared down at my knotted fingers. "Well, you know we've been together quite a while..." I paused.

"Yes," he said, his tone urging me to continue.

"And we're both adults who can make decisions for ourselves..."

He titled his head to the side, no doubt wondering where I was going with this.

"And I was wondering about something..."

I could tell he was starting to get impatient, and that made me even more nervous.

"Well, I mean I'm a human and you're... you know, not, and I just wanted to know..."

He sighed, sounding like he was trying to hold back his frustration. "Just say it, Sky."

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get the words out. I could feel that I was blushing furiously. I took a deep breath and stole up all my courage. "Are we sexually compatible?" I blurted.

He just stared at me in shock. Guess that's not what he had expected. My face was burning from embarrassment.

"I- I mean, cause you're not human you know, an- and I was just wondering i- if we even could..." I tried to explain myself.

"You... want to... mate?" Slendy asked slowly. He too had a pink tinge to his pale cheeks.

I stuttered several things in gibberish, not able to form complete words or sentences. The Slender man stood up and walked over to where I stood floundering like an idiot. He held up a long pale finger to my lips to silence me. "My... basic anatomy is like that of a human male," he said.

Oh my.

He lowered his hand to grab mine. He pulled me to him while he walked backwards.

Towards the bedroom.

"Come," he said with a smoldering voice.

Oh my.

Like the idiot I was, I had to ask. "Are we going to...?" And then I blushed cardinal red again, unable to even say it.

Slendy blush again too. He leaned down so that his lips were close to my ear and his breath fluttered my hair. "Yes," he whispered.

Oh my.