Chapter Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN

The Slender man growled. "No Sky!"

"Slendy, we have to," I sighed for what seemed like the millionth time. We'd been having this argument for almost an hour now, and I just couldn't seem to convince him to see it my way.

"I am NOT going to do it!"

"Please?"

"No."

"Slender..."

"Why on God's green earth would you WANT to anyway?"

"It's not a matter of want, it's a matter of what's right."

"I am the SLENDER MAN!" he yelled. "I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT'S RIGHT!"

I rolled my eyes. "Stop over reacting."

"I am not!" His tentacles were slithering madly behind him.

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh really?"

"I am not going to do it and that's final!"

I stood up. "Fine. Then I will."

He froze. "You wouldn't - you can't. You don't even know how," he said.

He had a point. How DID this work? "Tell me," I said. It wasn't really a question.

"Sky, sometimes you are so stubborn," Slendy growled in frustration.

"Please?"

He glared at me, which was quite a feat considering he had no eyes. "You're not going to give up on this, are you?"

I shook my head. "Nope."

He groaned. "Sky..."

I sighed again. "How hard is it to tell your own brothers that they're gonna be uncles?"

"Unfathomably hard when its MY brothers!" he exploded.

"Just tell me how to contact them and I'll do it!" I tried.

"You can't," he sighed. "It's a Slenderfolk thing - since we can't use phones to communicate over long distances... It's quite like a mental connection - telepathy I believe it's called." He flopped down on the couch and through his arm over his face. "I have to be the one to contact them," he whined.

I walked over and sat on the edge of the couch, then lay across him so my head was on his chest. He raised his arm to peer at me. "Please Slendy?" I asked. "For me?" I batted my eyelashes.

He groaned again. "Fine," he whispered hoarsely. Inwardly I did a victory dance. Battle won. "I still don't see why it is so important though. You KNOW as soon as they hear the news they're going to come visit, right? And we're going to have to put up with them," he complained.

"They're family. You kinda have to," I said.

"I don't 'have to' anything," he growled under his breath.

I tilted my head and kissed him. His frustrated growl turned to one of appreciation under my lips. "This actually means a lot to me," I said when we broke the kiss.

"Though I don't understand why," he said and I chuckled at his bemused tone.

"I know," I said with a small smile. "It won't be too bad though, trust me."

"I sure hope you're right," he said, and then he claimed my lips with his, effectively ending the conversation.

The next day Slendy sulked as he helped me clean up the apartment for company. He'd spoken to them the night before.

They were coming.