Chapter Eighteen

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CRASH!

"Fuck!"

"Is everything okay?"

"The hell it is!"

"Calm down little one."

"Maybe I could if the whole atmosphere of the apartment wasn't so damn tense cause YOU'RE freaking out too!"

"This was your idea in the first place," the Slender man reminded me coolly.

I ignored the jib. "My hands are shaking so bad I drop everything damn thing I pick up!" I yelled.

"Hence the sound of breaking glass?"

"No shit Sherlock."

"Make sure you don't pick up the baby while you're inflicted with this habit of dropping things please."

Words failed me as my temper caused my ability to form coherent thoughts to be lost and I babbled in some language other than English; my furry and stress levels skyrocketed. His smug, sly smile infuriated the hell out of me, even though rationally I knew he was only teasing, and he was only teasing in his best effort to diffuse the stressed atmosphere - an atmosphere that I was damn well knew that his own Slender powers were at fault for creating - whether he meant to or not.

Yes, it WAS my idea, but that didn't mean that I still couldn't freak the hell out! My parents and brother would be here in less than ten minutes, and I was hyperventilating as I came to the realization that I wasn't ready. I mean, how do you tell your family that you have a four month old child and that your baby daddy is the Slender man? My father would kill me surely.

Slender wasn't quite to the level of frantic hysteria that I was at, but that wasn't to say that he wasn't nervous as well. The cold vibe that seeped through the air and left a faint ringing in my ears was his doing, but he couldn't really control it. It was his aura - his power - and it just reflected how he felt.

Smooth tentacles slithered around my waist and bound my arms at my sides, rendering me immobile for the most part. An alabaster finger pressed against my lips to cut of the string of unintelligible obscenities. "Sky, breathe," he commanded with all the strength and authority and comfort that I needed to hear at the moment. Slowly, I inhaled deeply and he nodded. "Good girl," he murmured gently. He stooped to plant a quick kiss on my forehead then released me. His tentacles slithered to the ground and collected the shattered remains of the plate I'd dropped and then disposed of them in the near by trash bin. Unsurprisingly the jagged glass didn't leave so much as a scratch on the myth. I almost snorted in amusement. The man was probably bulletproof - broken glass was no problem for him.

"Robin's crying," I observed with a sigh as the wails finally made their way through the fading red haze and reached my ears. Guiltily I wondered how long she'd been crying before I noticed and admitted to myself with shame that she was probably crying because I was yelling in the first place. I walked over to her crib and gently lifted her into my arms. "Hush baby, hush," I murmured gently. "Mommy's sorry for yelling. She didn't mean to scare you sweety," I promised.

I had just managed to calm her when the dreaded knock sounded from the front door.

"Oh fuck..."

"Language little one. We don't want our daughter picking words like that as her first," he scolded lightly. "I'll be back after you've broken the news to them," he informed me.

"How will you know?" I asked skeptically.

He smirked at me, "I'm the Slender man little one. I have my ways," and then before I could blink he slender walked to some location unknown to me.