Bad Feelings

Ochcaco’s POV

After another long shift on patrol, Ochaco headed home, the home she shared with Shoto Todoroki. As she reached for the door handle Ochaco looked down at her left hand, seeing the gleaming diamond ring that hung on her ring finger.

Ochaco remembered when Shoto had asked her to marry him. She wasn’t exactly shocked due to conversations the two had had regarding the matter. They both knew that it would boost their ratings with the public, given Shoto’s number three ranking and Ochaco’s slightly lower but still impressive nineteenth position.

Shoto had taken Ochaco to her favourite restaurant in town, the paparazzi must have taken hundreds of photos of the two of them arriving. And during dessert, Shoto popped the question. Ochaco remembered the photographers and journalists went wild when Shoto got down on one knee.

She said yes of course, and she was happy, Ochaco loved him. Shoto and Ochaco had grown closer over the past five years since their world was thrown into turmoil. He helped her get into Shiketsu and he was there for her on her worst nights. The stress and night terrors that had followed her kidnapping and Katsuki leaving, left her in tears for a long time after UA’s fall, Ochaco still kept in contact with most of her old class 1A.

Some didn't end up completing their hero course, branching out into other jobs. For example Mashirao Ojiro left shortly after what happened with Katsuki. He now teaches middle schoolers in his hometown.

Toru Hagakure somehow ended up as a runway model. She was scouted after she graduated and has never looked back. She's in all the magazines across Japan.

Rikido Sato on the other hand wanted to pursue his baking career. Since his quirk was related to the sugar content in his body. He ended up opening a small series of chain bakeries.

And Minoru Mineta… Well Ochaco didn't really keep in contact with him. For reasons which are obvious.

Once Ochaco was inside the house she looked around, it was spacious. More spacious than her parents house growing up and much more spacious than her dorm rooms.

Uraraka pulled out the polaroid she took earlier with Hisashi Fujiwara, her fingers lightly tracing the lines of his face. "Why do you look so familiar?" She said to herself quietly. "Why do I feel like I know you?" She continued.

She took off her shoes and walked quickly to her office, unlocking the door and stepping inside. Ochaco looked up to her board. A large map of Japan stood proud, newspaper cut outs and missing posters littered the map. Red string connecting pieces of information, reports and eye witness accounts.

All relating to Ochaco's biggest job as a hero. To find Katsuki Bakugou. Uraraka moved towards the board, pinning the photo to one side of the map. Tying string around two pins and pinning one end to where she had her encounter with Hisashi Fujiwara earlier on in the day. She still felt the lingering feeling of his hand on her back.

"It has to be you. I wouldn't have reacted the way I did if I didn't know it was you. If my soul didn't recognise you." She spoke softly, picking up a photo frame from her desk. The image inside was one of Katsuki and her about a month before her kidnapping.

Momo had taken of the two of them, Ochaco was sitting on Bakugou’s knee as the two of them laughed. She didn't remember what about but it still made her smile, even now. 

That’s when Ochaco heard the front door closing, signalling Shoto was back from his TV interview. Uraraka quickly put the photo frame down and rushed to her door, walking through it and towards her fiance. A smiling Shoto stood by the entrance, taking off his shoes. Shoto flung his arms open and wrapped them around Ochaco in a warm embrace.