33 | spilt amortentia

It was an awful day for Hermione Granger.

The day started off fine. She woke up, followed her usual morning routine, and headed to the Great Hall for breakfast. However, Draco Malfoy, the Head Boy to her Head Girl, wasn't in their common room to greet her good morning and that slightly bothered her. He was always there to kiss and greet her.

But she didn't think much about his absence.

During breakfast, she found herself being pelted by sliced up pieces of bangers and scrambled eggs. They got caught into her tangled curls she recently washed and she glared at the younger, rambunctious Slytherin boys who were obviously the culprits.

That set her mood off.

In class a few hours later, she received high scores and gained House Cup points for Gryffindor as per usual. But that wasn't what caused her mood to worsen. It was because Draco Malfoy (who finally showed his face after his absence) had caught up to her marks and gained half a point higher than her.

Half of a bloody point!

That smug smirk on his face wouldn't remove itself as he taunted her about it the rest of the day.

She was officially annoyed.

Her last class of the day was Potions. Draco had a separate class in Potions, so he wasn't there to tease her about how she had accidentally spilt amortentia on herself like a clumsy fool. Her frustrations and displeasure with the day had caused her to become abnormally uncoordinated and became her ultimate downfall.

She was told to remain after class to clean her cauldron before heading back into the Head dorms to wash up in the lavatory.

The journey to the Head dorms was interesting.

She had plenty of guys and girls shooting her dazed glances, lustful looks, and even had some students caught in a trance due to the strong scent of the amortentia fuming off her clothes and skin. It was tiresome attempting to fend off against the questions of why she smelled so heavenly divine and delicious or smelled like a certain someone who they liked. Some were even drooling that she had to run away before she feared they would eat her.

She ran to the Head Common Room, assuming that the worst was over. However, she had completely forgotten she shared a Common Room with a libidinous Slytherin of a boyfriend. And when she dashed through the portrait hole to see Draco Malfoy stretched on the couch with his parchment and quill, she stopped dead on her tracks.

Draco looked up when a strong, familiar scent hit his nose. She saw his eyes darken as he slowly took in her panting form, lingering on her expanding chest where she was heaving heavy breaths.

"Why—" He croaked, clearing his throat and looking down at his parchment, "—why do you smell like that?"

"What do I smell like?" She asked, curious. Was it not her own scent?

"Like- like that," he made a noise in his throat. "You smell like you normally do but it's... stronger and more...."

With her previous frustrations and annoyance throughout the day gone, Hermione licked her lips which definitely didn't go unnoticed by the darkening silver eyes of the Slytherin Prince. "More what?"

"More sweet," he tugged on his bottom lip with his teeth, closing his eyes as he inhaled deeply.

"Everyone keeps saying that, it was troublesome just walking here," she groaned, her annoyance seeping back in. Her groan, however, caused a different reaction to stir within Draco. "I'm going to wash up."

She headed towards their shared lavatory, but before she could reach the handle of the door, she was immediately pushed against the nearest wall with a hard torso pressed against her front. She gasped, her eyes wide as she stared up at the fully dark and glittering storm within the grey eyes of her boyfriend boring down intensely at her.

"Draco! I'm not—"

He leaned down to taste the words off her lips, the hunger in the kiss so immaculate she couldn't breathe. He deepened the kiss, but before she could wrap her arms around his neck, he pulled away and leaned his forehead against hers.

"Fuck. I'm going crazy because of whatever perfume you put on," he trailed a gentle finger down the side of her exposed neck, "Let's make out right now."

"I spilt amortentia on myself," she revealed, laughing at his words.

"You clumsy witch," he whispered against her lips, capturing her bottom lip and drowning into the scent and taste of her.

And the worries of today vanished from her immediately when Draco led her from the lavatory door to his room and threw her on top of his Slytherin bed.

•••
On TikTok there's this perfume going around that makes guys more attracted to you because it causes ur scent from ur pores to change and emanate pheromones that stimulate sexual appeal and causes ppls s/o to become immediately turned on and dtf ;)

my first thought was that it acted like amortentia. thus, this very short oneshot was created in the middle of the night at 2:00 AM

also i've got like three or four one shots in the making. some will be released after my finals are over :)