04 | broomstick

Malfoy,

What's it like up there? Does the cold wind flow through your clothes and you fight off the goosebumps that rise on your skin? Or does the sun beat down against your face and you're struggling to breathe from the intense humidity?

Hermione watched as the blond Slytherin looped into the air on his flashiest broom, causing the onlookers on the stands to cheer. The green cloak of his quidditch uniform flapped wildly against the rush of wind as he sped on the edges of the pitch to chase after the golden snitch.

When I see you on your broomstick you look like someone who found freedom in the skies. I want to know how that feels.

Draco's hand reached out when he neared the snitch. He seemed to move faster as he leaned forward to curl his fingers around the golden sphere. The students on wooden quidditch stands lined with Slytherin flags jumped up and roared with excitement. Draco hovered in the middle of the field, raising his arm with the snitch clutched in his hand in exhilarating pride.

I hate to admit, but you look so joyous in your moments of glory. Especially on your broom. Harry and Ginny tells me their own experiences on being on a broom, but it doesn't compare to how you look to live off on that adrenaline. I want to know what that's like.

It was after hours when the sun was just touching the horizon and everyone had gone into the castle to prepare for dinner. Draco, as he was the quidditch captain, had to recheck the equipment for any missing pieces or broken items after every game or practice. Afterwards, he would usually have an extra go on his broom to relax and release the stress of the game.

Hermione, unbeknownst to that information, had stayed on the stands and watched the sun slowly slide underneath the mountains. She breathed in the crisp air of dusk and leaned back to stare at how the sky was a gradient of blue, orange, and pink hues whilst she pondered her wandering thoughts.

I've been thinking on riding a broom recently, ever since I noticed how carefree you were on it. However, my fear of heights have always stopped me from doing so.

The chocolate-haired girl shrieked when a flying figure surged towards her from above. Her body instinctively curled in on itself to shield her face as her eyes squeezed shut. Before the dark figure could crash into her, it stooped to a stop a few meters away.

"Granger," the silver-eyed Slytherin nodded at her cowering form in acknowledgement.

She uncurled herself at the sound of his voice and glared at the boy who frightened her, "Malfoy! Don't just speed at me like that!"

He snorted, inching closer on his broom to the girl with a smirk. "What are you doing here? Did you want to stare at me longer?"

She pursed her lips at his question and looked to the sky, admiring the tints and hues. "I want to know what it's like."

Puzzled, Draco lifted a brow. "Very specific, Granger."

Hermione released a quiet laugh and returned her gaze back to his. "I want to know what it's like to fly."

I was afraid. Very shocking to hear from a Gryffindor, I know, but everyone has fears. I'm certain you do to. This fear I had was something I couldn't get over by myself. I couldn't face it.