25 | duels and bets

Granger,

I had the most brilliant idea.

"Granger."

Said witch didn't respond as she flipped through the pages of her book in her secret, small corner of the library. It wasn't so much a secret now that it's been infiltrated by a certain ferret for the past few weeks. She didn't mind though, as long as he was tolerable. Otherwise, she'd kick him out if he'd gotten out of hand.

Or well, she'd try to kick him out but she unfortunately liked the presence of this incorrigible wizard.

"Granger."

A feather floated in front of her, but she payed no mind as she curled her knees against her as she delved deeper into the novel.

"Granger!"

The feather flung itself against her face, and she scrunched her face in slight pain before facing the culprit of the assault. She glared at the Slytherin boy with generous ferocity, and he merely returned her blazing look with a sly smile.

How fun would it be if we challenged each other intellectually and magically?

"What Malfoy? I'm busy!"

"So you know the DADA exam, no?" He flicked his wand between his fingers, playing with it cooly as he twirled it in his hand as one would do with a muggle pencil.

"Of course, we take the same class." She stated matter of factly, continuing to read as she diverted her attention back to the book.

"And we're partners for the dueling exam, correct?"

She nodded distractedly, "Yes, yes. Why do you ask? We got out of that class a few minutes ago."

"Well," he drawled, the Slytherin's sly smile grew into a competitive smirk. "We should make a bet."

"Oh?" The Gryffindor perked in interest, her book closing against her legs. Draco grinned at that, glad to have her full attention now.

"Whoever loses the duel gets the punishment of doing anything the other person wants," he stated, his silver eyes dripping with smug spunk.

Hermione tilted her head to the side, contemplating on the matter. Draco was a formidable opponent, one who was as skilled as her when it comes to a wide variety of subjects. As being partnered for this DADA exam, they both heavily anticipated to see who could finally beat who in not just grades, but magic expertise.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Hermione asked, a brow lifted.

Draco leaned forward, taunting his challenge with a smirk, "Why? Afraid, Granger?"

"No," she scoffed, flicking her hair back behind her shoulders, "If anything, you should be."

Draco shook his head, clicking his tongue, "Tsk tsk, Granger. It's one thing to read books but it's another to actually use the spells."

"Who says I don't do spells, Malfoy?" She crossed her arm as she bore her chocolate gaze onto his, her book now relocated to the side table by the small couch she sat like a meerkat upon.

"Granger, you're all books and no action," he mused, however instantly regretted his words when his widened eyes stared at the raised wand she waved aimlessly in the air.

"Do you want me to challenge that claim on you right now?" She threatened with a scowl, the tip of her wand brightening with a spell. Draco raised his palms in surrender, his silver eyes flickering warily from her wand to the chocolate eyes of the girl before him.