Kabanata 6

Kabanata 6...
Finally

"I told you to tell them about that fucking man already, and what did you do?! You still didn't tell your parents about his dirty caprices! Now look where you are! Are you okay? What did he do to you? Are you fine now?"

"Lalabas ba muna ako?" Oliv said softly and I just mouthed her 'Please' at mabilis rin naman s'yang lumisan sa loob ng kwarto habang ako'y nakikinig pa rin sa dere-deretsong bunganga ni Asher sa kabilang linya.

"Asher,"

"Why does man like him even exist? He's a fucking piece of trash. He deserves to rot in the fucking hell. Why don't we bring him there like he deserves, huh?"

"Asher."

"What? That's what people like him deserves. He wants violating people's rights; then why don't we give it to him? Let's violate his' right and kill—"

"Asher!" When I felt his silence for a minute, I can't help but to sigh. "Killing doesn't solve anything,"

"They're doing it, why don't we—"

"Asher." I said with solemn voice. "So, you want to be like them too?"

"No, but—"

"So, you don't want it. You hate people like him, right?"

"Yes—"

"Then why turn into people like him? You hate it, then why are you going to be like them? You want to hurt people too?"

"No—"

"Then that's it. You won't kill people just because of your grudges, Asher."

"That's not what I mean. I was just..." Hindi nito itinuloy ang sasabihin at bumuntong hininga na lamang. "I'm sorry."

"We need to work with your anger issues,"

"Come on, don't sound like my therapist. Let's not talk about that dirty man again. Are you okay now?"

He went to a therapist before... He never said that when we talked about his sister before. That's really traumatic for him. Dapat talaga hindi na pinaalam sa kan'ya ito, kaso nandito na kami.

"I'm okay, alright? Calm down now."

"I'm calm." I heard him sigh. "I was just really worried. I thought you just ghosted me, but you're not even posting on you stories even on your Instagram, so I thought something wasn't right, and I'm right. I'm sorry..."

"What? What are you sorry for?"

"I'm sorry for not being there..."

"Asher!"

"What?"

"It's not your fault that you're not there, you're miles away from me for Pete's sake,"

"I know. That's why I'm sorrier, I wish I was there. That probably didn't happen if—"

"Asher..." Napapikit na ako ng mariin. "It's alright. It's not your fault, okay? Don't think about it. It's never your fault."

I just heard his sigh after I said those. I don't want to bring in his sister but...

"You're not at fault at what happened to your sister, Asher. If you still think you are the one to blame, you're wrong, because you're not the one to blame. Do you get me? Everything wasn't your fault. You need to let things go. Your sister's molester is already in prison, right? He got what he deserves. It's not your fault Asher, don't ever think it is your fault. Okay?"