"can i come over?"

hey guys! once again, i'm sorry for the slower updates and lack of publishing requests. i've been losing motivation to write these recently, as something about them is beginning to rub me the wrong way, but i'm trying to figure out what i'm going to do in the future with this book. nothing is decided yet, so please don't worry :) i hope all is well with you all and i hope you enjoy this chapter! much love <3

    the loud ringing of your phone from your nightstand jolted you awake in the middle of the night. with a small groan, you rolled over in bed and picked your phone up, seeing an incoming facetime call from your boyfriend, schlatt.

    you swiped to accept the call as your phone screen turned to schlatt's video feed. he was sat at his desk with his headphones on but slipped off of one ear. his face carried a slightly shocked expression when you answered.

    "were you asleep?" he asked as his face turned to convey his worry that he had disturbed you.

    you blinked a few times as you turned your brightness up a bit, making your face more visible. "yeah," you mumbled, still a bit sleepy.

    "oh shit, i'm sorry. i should have realized you would have been asleep by now," schlatt sweetly apologized, shaking his head a bit.

    "nono, it's fine," you quietly responded.

    "you were asleep and i woke you up hon," he explained. "anyways, i just wanted to call you and tell you how much i appreciate you," schlatt smiled as he gazed at your sleepy image.

    your face donned a sleepy, dopey grin. "i appreciate you too, hon," you mumbled, a bit more awake now. "what time is it?"

    "like two-thirty in the morning i think," he replied as he looked up to his computer to check the time, nodding to himself when he saw he was right.

    you hummed in response.

    "can i come over?" schlatt asked before widening his eyes at what he just asked. "wait nonono, that was weird. you were asleep and i just woke you up and now i'm asking to co-" he rambled, a bit embarrassed at what he had said.

    "j, it's okay," you chuckled as you cut him off. "you can come over, but we're going to bed, like, as soon as you get here," you sleepily smiled.

    schlatt's red cheeks slowly began to fade away as he smiled back. "o-okay! i just missed you a lot and i wanted to be with you, ya know?" he spoke as he took his headphones off, did a bit of clicking on his computer, and got up from his desk chair.

    "yeah, i get that. i missed you too," you responded, sitting up a bit to make sure you didn't fall back asleep before schlatt got there.

    "i'll be over in ten," schlatt smiled as he slipped on a sweatshirt and grabbed his keys.

    "okay. drive save! i love you," you smiled, still very sleepy.

    "i will. i love you too," schlatt smiled warmly once more as he hung up from the call. you tiredly sighed as your eyelids felt heavy, but you quickly made yourself stand up from your bed to counteract that.

    you made your way to your kitchen and poured a glass of water, taking small sips as you leaned against the counter while you waited.

    a little while later, you heard a soft knock on your front door that startled you a bit. after tiptoeing your way to the door, you looked through the peephole to make sure it was who you expected.

    when you gazed through the small lens, you were met with a grinning schlatt. you smiled to yourself as you opened the door and opened your arms to the brunette.

    "i'm sorry i woke you up," schlatt softly spoke as he quickly made his way into your arms, hugging you tightly.

    "it's alright, i'm glad you're here though," you smiled as you let go of the brunette and closed the front door.

    "c'mon, let's get some rest," the brunette spoke as he took your hand and walked with you into your bedroom. the two of you quickly flopped into bed and cozied yourselves under the covers.

    almost immediately after getting under the covers, schlatt scooted over a bit to be right next to you. he wrapped his arms around your waist and rested his head in the crook of your neck.

    the warmth emanating from the brunette almost knocked you out on the spot, but you managed to stay awake for a bit longer.

    you quickly began to doze off to your original sleepy state, but before you fell completely asleep, you spoke to the brunette.

    "if anybody called me at two in the morning, i'd always want it to be you asking to come over," you smiled, even though schlatt couldn't see it. you heard a light, airy chuckle come from the brunette.

    "guess i can do this more often?" he sweetly asked, to which you sleepily nodded.

    "not all the time, though. i love you a lot, but i also love sleep a lot too," you mumbled, becoming more sleepy by the moment.

    "okay, okay. get some rest, y/n, schlatt softly responded.

    soon after, you drifted off into the peaceful state of slumber you had previously been in.

    schlatt, on the other hand, didn't fall asleep for a long while, for he was too completely overjoyed to have you in his arms to even think about closing his eyes.

wc: 930