The Fall

"You want to be a hero, Tommy? Then die like one!" The words echo through Tommy's mind as the sun rises. All night, Technoblade's speech repeated over and over again in his head, haunting him. He'd never forgotten that speech. It kept him up at night, reminding him of the day his country was destroyed, the day he was betrayed. The day one brother fell, and another one stabbed him in the back.

Despite his hatred torwards his brother, Tommy knew deep down Techno was right. His entire speech was right. Despite everything Tommy did for L'Manberg, it took one slip-up for them to throw him out. His country betrayed him. His best friend betrayed him.

There was no point in trying to be a hero, but he was too tired to fight. He couldn't be the villain either. Up until this point, his entire motivation was just to prove a point, and show he was strong. And to prove Techno wrong.

But now that seemed so meaningless. He just wanted it to be over. "He died in disgrace, despised by his people. That's what happens to heroes, Tommy."

"He was right," Tommy chuckles under his breath. He gets up out of bed and sits on the hill, looking at the ocean. He pulls out his compass and looks at the needle, pointing straight ahead. "I'm sorry, Tubbo," he whispers, and puts the compass away. He gets up and goes to his tent, gathering all his most valuable items. Except the discs. He puts those in his ender chest, knowing nobody else could ever get to them.

"As long as I can’t be the next Schlatt, you can’t be the next Wilbur." Tommy laughs as he remembers Tubbo's speech, realizing how fitting it all seemed now.

"Maybe I am Wilbur," he thinks out loud. "I'll go down without a fight, just like him. It almost makes sense now."

Tommy stares into the nether portal. He closes his eyes, and braces himself to go in. "Goodbye, Logstedshire," he says, and he takes a step forward into the purple swirls. He feels his body getting dragged through the void, and suddenly feels extremely hot.

He opens his eyes, and calmly walks torwards his path and sits at the edge. He stares down at the lava, and notices the compass in his pocket. "You can stay," he whispers, and puts the compass down next to him.

He gets up slowly, and takes a few steps back. "It was never meant to be," he says with a calm smile, and he runs and jumps off the path.