Forgotten Insurrections

(Back to December 17th, same day as in chapter 4. Sorry for the weird mixed up days, it’ll make sense in a bit.)

“Where’s Dream? I want to see Dream,” Tommy announces.

“I’m not sure, we should ask Technoblade,” Wilbur answers, and he grins. “What do you remember about Dream?”

“He’s my friend. I think. He’s my friend, right? Surely he is, when I think about him I don’t feel as alone as usual.”

“You’re lonely?”

Tommy shrugs. “I know I have you and Techno, but I still can’t help but feel lonely. I’m always sad, angry, scared,
lonely, or empty.”

Wilbur stares at Tommy for a moment, as if studying his slightly transparent face to see every wrinkle and blemish in his skin. “I have an idea,” he suddenly proclaims, and he leaves his library and begins to look through the cupboards above his brewing station. He pulls his sleeves over his hands and grabs a transparent rock, the same size and general shape as the blue, and he turns to face Tommy again. “Blue sucks up my sadness, but for you it just sucks away everything. So here, try holding this.” Tommy slowly reaches forward and grabs the rock, and instantly starts to feel more in control.

He doesn’t feel lonely anymore, but he doesn’t feel empty. There’s relief among the sadness that occupies him. The rock begins turning grey, until it just looks like a glass case filled with smog. Tommy just feels light. Everything feels easy.

“How do you feel?” Wilbur asks, his eyes fixed on the blue.

“I'm not sure how to explain it. I feel just like, satisfied I guess. Like, none of it really matters. My life, I mean.”

“Well, for me, that stuff sucks away sadness, makes blue, and leaves me happy. So for you, if it leaves you satisfied and careless, what do you think it sucks away?”

Tommy considers the question, thinking about how he feels, and finally comes to a conclusion. “I think it sucks away longing and shit. Like, sentiments and whatever.”

Wilbur nods, and him and Tommy leave the sewer. They start walking over to Techno, and Tommy looks around.

“L'Manberg,” he whispers to himself, as he bumps into something.

“Ow,” Technoblade grunts. “The stick, Tommy. Couldn't you have just seen the stick?”

“Sorry,” Tommy murmurs. “Techno, I want to find Dream.”

“Tommy, I don't know if that's a good idea.”

“Where does Dream live?” Tommy snaps. “I don't give a fuck what you think is right for me. Your opinion, your feelings, they don't mean shit to me. What matters to me right now is figuring what the fuck is going on!”

Techno is silent for a second, and then suppresses a laugh.

“What’s so funny?” Tommy demands.

“Don’t worry, I’m not laughing at you. Did you know Dream’s homeless?” Techno says, and he begins to cackle.

Tommy scoffs, and Wilbur just looks confused. “I did not know that,” he responds. “Do you at least know where I could find him?”

Techno calms down, and answers coolly, “I’m not sure where he hangs around. He always manages to find me, but I’m not sure where to find him.”

“I’ve seen him at Eret’s castle a lot,” Wilbur cuts in. “He guards there.”

“He’s probably paranoid after I assassinated George,” Techno chuckles. “Tommy, are you really ready to see Dream?”