update: please read if you want :)

hello! it's been a while kinda sorta! i come with somewhat bad news so I don't know why I'm being so cheerful! anywaysss

I've decided to put ASTF on hold. I've been losing information, and it doesn't feel right forcing myself to write more of this fic if it doesn't make me as happy as it used too. If I continued publishing and working on it, there'd be a significant drop in quality, it would take a while for me to write it, and I would just generally be less happy. I think it's best if I just take a little hiatus from ASTF because of all of this.

BUT DON'T FRET. If you follow my Twitter, (which you should @/rickaris_ if you want) you'd know I'm working on some other stuff. I have a fic planned out that I'm really excited for, and I was planning to release it after I finished ASTF, but now I'll have more time to work on it :D. It's SBI oriented, and is based around a certain album to be revealed at a later time. This new fic will be published both here and on AO3, and will consist of 13 chapters. I also came up with an idea for an Over the Garden Wall AU, which for now I'm not going to do anything with but that's a thing I have on the metaphorical shelf for maybe a later date.

Thank you so much for the support I've gotten on this fic, it means so much to me and still feels so surreal. I literally wrote the first part of ASTF at like 3am when I couldn't sleep one night. I hope that my next stuff gets the same amount of support, because I'm very passionate about it (no pressure ofc!) :)

Also, this doesn't mean ASTF will be forever unfinished, although that'd suit some themes of it :). I make no promises, but I could come back to it at one point.

I'm super sorry about this, but I figured this was my best option. Hope you all are doing well <3