Chapter 14 The Choice

Your POV

I slept so well last night. Something about Spot was so comforting. It was also nice to not have to be worried about drama or people getting hurt or people getting threatened like I did in Manhattan. I woke up just before the sunrise to the sound of spot whispering orders at the other newsies. "Good mornin' beautiful" Spot said as his tone shifted to be warm and gentle. "Morning Conlon." I replied. "You ready for today?" he asked. He looked outside and saw the sun was just starting to rise and he said "Oh look just in time for our sunrise picnic." we walked outside and he lead me to the beach where there was a beautiful picnic set up. I looked at him in awe and rested my head on his shoulder as we watched the sun rise over the water. The rest of the day he spent leading me around Brooklyn showing me all of the beautiful scenery all while still managing his duties as "king" and barking orders at the other newsies. Before I knew it the sun was going down and my weekend was over. Spot invited me to come and live in Brooklyn with him. Permanently. After seeing how beautiful it was and having so much fun I decided to take him up on the offer. I told him I would be back tomorrow because I had to go back to Manhattan and get all of my stuff. I walked back with a weird feeling inside though. I like Spot but I still feel like he's not the right one for me. Like there's still someone else I'm missing.

Mush's POV

So y/n was in Brooklyn for the weekend with Spot. I missed her a lot. She walked through the doors of the lodging house but she didn't have any of her things with her. I walked up to her to give her a hug but even her hug was distant. 'Hey there's my favorite newsie goil!" I said to her. "Hey mushy." she said back in a weirdly bored tone. I wondered what was on her mind. "Can we talk? I gotta tell you somethin'" she said ta me. I had a weird feeling but I agreed and we sat down on my bed. "Mush, Spot invited me to live with him in Brooklyn." she said. "What? Y/n you're not really thinking of moving are ya? What about us? Huh? Aren't we your family? Even you said yourself that a family looks out for each other and sticks together." I said with tears in my eyes. "Mush look. I had so much fun there and it really is beautiful. Besides with all the chaos and fighting that';s been going on around here for the last month I think I need a fresh start." She said and she walked over to her bed and started packing up her stuff. I was speechless and I didn't know what to say so I just stood there. She finished packing and was heading to the door and then I thought I need to do something I can't let her go. "Wait. I love you."

Your POV

What? Mush loves me? I can't tell if he's being serious right now or if he's just saying that to get me to stay. I stop in my tracks and look at him. I can see the tears welling up in his eyes. Threatening to escape. "Mush." What do I do. This just made things so much harder. Do I stay with the boy who has been there through it all and who has risked himself for me? Or do I move to Brooklyn and start fresh with the boy who put me in jeopardy for his own romantic desires?

A/N Guys so sorry I haven't updated but I'm back now! I am so thankful for over 800 reads! I really hope you guys like the story and feel free to leave and suggestions in the comments! :)