Chapter 10 The (Almost) Kiss

Your POV

"Where were you? Huh? You had us worried sick! Jack almost went insane!" Mush said when I got to the circulation gates that morning ready to sell my papes. "I was out on my walk like usual but I stopped at the beach and ended up falling asleep that's all" I assured him. That was my story I told every other newsie who asked me where I was. I saw Race off in the distance talking to Crutchie and he seemed like a whole mess. He had dark circles under his eyes, he was pale, and he just looked stressed out. "Hey there's my Racer!" I called out as I ran up to him and gave him a little kiss on the cheek. "Y/N! Thank God you're back! I'se was worried sick!" he said as he playfully punched my arm. Everyone then grabbed their papes for the day and began selling. Me and Race went to our usual spot over by Brooklyn to sell. We were getting flooded by customers when all of a sudden I hear a voice. I turn around to see Spot running towards me. I can feel a look of surprise and worry sweep over my face and I quickly shoo Race away to go deal with some customers.

Spot's POV

"Y/N! Yo!" I called out to her. I saw her on the street sellin' papes and I figured I'd say hi but she didn't look to happy to see me. I found her on the street because last night I had decided I was going to tell her how I feel. Anyways, I run up to her and we start talking for a minute and she seems in a rush to get me to leave. I was just about to leave but I stopped and I said to her "Y/N Kelly I have been in love with you since the day I met you and there hasn't been a moment since where I wasn't thinking of you. I asked the universe for a sign not to give up on the thought of "us" happening and then the next night there you were on the Brooklyn Bridge. Y/N I know it's fate. I know we're meant to be." I looked into her eyes and I leaned in for a kiss. Then she pushed me away.

Your POV

"Spot I have a boyfriend!" I said to him. I then turned around and ran as fast as I could until I reached the lodging house. The whole way there I could feel tears welling up in my eyes and the second I got through the door of the house I let it all out and I began sobbing and I couldn't  stop. I thought I was alone and then I heard someone ask if I was okay. I turn around to see Mush and without saying anything I ran over and hugged him. He took me over to his bunk and just held me while I cried. He had no idea what happened or why I was crying but he tried to help me anyway. He asked me what was wrong after I had finally calmed down. I decided to tell him everything. I looked at him and I said "Mush you are my best friend and I am trusting you not to tell Race or Jack. You are the only one I am ale to tell about this." he nodded his head to show he understands. "So I go on walks every night and I never know where I"m going. I kinda just let the universe take me wherever it wants to. Well last night it kinda took me to Brooklyn. I was on the bridge and suddenly Spot appeared and we spent the whole night catching up and talking as friends. We had a little fling during the strike but that was about it and that's beyond over. I have no feelings for Spot Conlon and he's just a friend. I thought he felt the same way. Then today he came and confessed his love to me while I was selling my papes and then he tried to kiss me. I ran as fast as I could all the way here." I finish the story and I almost start crying again and then Race walked through the door. "What's wrong beautiful?" he asked. "It's nothing. I'm okay Race" I reply. We all go on with the rest of our day and I decided not to go on my walk that night.

A/N 

Heyo! I hope you guys are enjoying this story so far. I really like writing it. Sorry this chapter was kinda wonky I didn't really know how to end it. Please vote and leave any suggestions in the comments!