Chapter 5 Rough Night

Race's POV

So it's a few hours later and I'm in da hospital I guess. I can't talk or move because I'se is in a coma but I can still hear everything around me. I hear y/n come in and tell me she loves me more than I'll ever know. I hear her tell me she's gonna stop sellin' for a little bit so she can take care of me too. I wish I could talk because I wanted to convince her to keep sellin because she barely makes enough money to stay alive so she can't live if she isn't sellin' papes. I hear her apologize for Jack stabbing me. Finally I hear her start to cry so she gives me a light kiss on the forehead and goes back to the lodging house with Mush.

Your POV

Things have been rough since Race got hurt. I have decided that when he leaves the hospital I won't leave his side and I will take care of him the whole time. It's going to be rough but I just got him back and I can't lose him again. I can't lose him for good. Me and Mush get back to the lodging house and everyone keeps hugging me and giving me sorrowful or pitiful looks. I can't escape the act that the love of my life could die all because of my stupid brother. He comes up  to me and tries to give me a hug but I push him away and give him the worst glare I have ever given. I don't know if I'll be able to forgive Jack for this. I understand that he was just trying to stick up for me but he didn't have to and STAB the one person I have ever loved. A little bit later I'm lying in my bed but I can't fall asleep. I keep thinking of him and the event just keeps playing in my head over and over and over. I keep hearing the little yelp he let out, seeing his face slowly fade as he passed out, I keep hearing my scream as I watch my brother's small blade go into Race's chest and stomach. I try and go to sleep but it doesn't work and I slowly begin to cry. I guess I'se was cryin' a little louder dan I thought because eventually Mush came over and engulfed  me in a hug. He just sat dere holdin' me until I'se was done cryin' which took at least half an hour. 

Mush's POV

It was pretty late when we'se had gotten back from da hospital and everyone eventually went to bed. I'se was just about to fall asleep when I heard y/n cryin'. I got up and I hugged her and we just sat dere not sayin' anything for at least 30 minutes until she eventually fell asleep. We didn't say anythin'. We didn't have to either because I already knew what was on her mind. This goil loves Race Higgins. Anyone who looked at her could tell. Jack is very protective over her too so I'm surprised Race even came back. We'se was all expectin' 'im to get soaked by Jack but not stabbed. I'se had neva seen Jack so angry in me life but he could tell y/n was hoitin' and he couldn't have that. Y/n Kelly is the most amazin' goil I'se had eva seen. She was strong, feisty, independent, beautiful, funny, ahh she drives me crazy. If she was here during the strike we wouldn't have even needed Spot Conlon. To be completely honest I'se had always had a little bit of a crush one y/n but I'se had a feelin she liked Race which is why I neva said anything. Once y/n was asleep I laid her down in her bed and I went to go sleep in me own bed. Hopefully she has a better day tomorrow.