She nodded. So did Caroline. I took a deep breath and run across the ice towards a lycan, Conner, my mate.

"Conner!" I shouted.

He froze and his head snapped to me. His body tensed as he watched me advance to him slowly. His gold eyes followed each of my movements. In the corner of my eye, I could make out the girls and their mates fleeing to the other side of the lake.

"Conner, it's me. Gemma." I said softly.

He growled. "Gemma died. You imposter!" He said.

His voice was very deep and growl like. It sent waves of pleasure down my back. It was then I realized it's like we were meeting for the first time since our mate bond was broken.

"I'm not an imposter. It's me. Can't you feel it?" I asked.

"You don't look like Gemma." He stated.

"But..." I said confused, pulling some hair into my line of sight.

I gasped when I saw that the roots of my hair were their normal brown but turned blue.

It must be because of my new powers

It must be because of my new powers. I looked back at Conner and swallowed. This was going to be hard.

I walked on the ice, moving closer until I was just arms reach away.

"It's me Conner. Remember out first date, you took me to the woods and had a cosy place made for us, or the time you asked me to live with you and we had our first kiss, or when you found me after a witch wanted to separate us, you found me outside your territory with a pack of rogues-" I was cut off when Conner reached out andused his huge arm to backhand me across the lake.

I landed with a thud and pain in my whole right side. I groaned.

I tasted blood in my mouth and spit it out. I looked back at Conner. He roared and charged at me.

"Remember out first night together, I forgot to bring clothes in the bathroom and you laughed as I dashed to the closet." I said quickly.

Conner picked me up and tossed me to the other side of the lake. I landed on my shoulder which shattered on impact and rolled a couple of times.

I breathed in deeply as I felt some of my ribs had cracked too and punctured my lungs. Blood dropped out of my mouth.

"Gemma!" I heard Eve cry.

I looked over at them. The boys were holding Caroline and Eve back from helping me. I looked back at Conner who was advancing slowly and breathing heavily.

"Remeber..." I wheezed. " remember when I talked for.... for the first time.... or when I had heat? Conner please. " I begged.

I was wheezing and crying now. Conner narrowed his eyes at me and kicked me in the ribs. More cracked and I slid across the lake.

Tears rolled down my cheeks not because of the pain, but because my mate wasn't recognizing me.

I spat out more blood and coughed some out. Conner was coming my way. I narrowed my eyes at him. Not again.

I collected water from the lake and used it to cover his legs then I froze the water. He stopped in his tracks and growled using his claws to cut the ice.

I got more water, covered his hands and middle and froze it. He struggled to get out of the ice. I got up as quickly as I could, which wasn't fast at all and limped to him.

I could feel every injury I had and how much I was bleeding internally.

My right side of the pelvic bone was cracked, all my ribs were damaged, I had a broken arm, shoulder and foot and a small crack to my skull.

I didn't know how I was able to walk but I used ice to freeze some of my blood where it hurt most. Conner was still struggling and I walked in front of him.

I looked him in the eye as I sobbed.

"Conner! Conner please come back to me! It's Gemma! Conner!" I cried.

I brought Winter to the surface and we talked together. Two voices coming out at once.

"Conner! Axle! Please! Come back! It's us! Gemma and Winter! Come on! Come back!" We cried.

I whimpered and sobbed.

Then Conner's gold eyes started to turn black. It was just flashes. Gold. Black. Gold. Black. Gold.

"Yes! That's it! We're here! We're alive! Come on!" We said happier.

His eyes turned black and he stared at us in confusion. I quickly melted the ice and he slumped on the ground. I limped towards him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Tingles and sparks blasted from our contact. Kinda like the first time we touched.

"We're here and we love you both." Winter and I said.

Then he started shifting back. His bones went back and the fur on this body disappeared. He was still in his basketball shorts.

Soon, my hand was touching bare skin. Conner took deep breaths before looking up at me.

"Gemma?" He whispered.

I fell to the ground in front of him and tried to give him the best hug I could considering my injuries.

"I'm here my love." I whispered in his ear and he hugged me back.

And he applied too much pressure. Ouch! That fucking hurts.