Chapter 24

The door knob for the white door was warm. It was basically inviting me in. I placed my head on the door and sighed.

This was it, this was where I made my decision. I looked at the white door with envy before turning and opening the black door.

The handle was cold to the touch. I jumped through it. Then, I fell.

It was dark and lonely and I just kept falling and falling and falling. It's like there was no end to this. Then light blinded me. The sides of the wall turned into screens with memories. My memories.

I watched as I was beaten, asked questions, lied to and most of all, rejected. I couldn't cry. I have cried and I for one think I'm done. I'm done crying and I'm done letting things get to me.

Because I couldn't hold on to this forever, I had a mate waiting for me. Watching all these memories, I realized I was different from that girl.

The girl who was strong but hid it, the girl who was mute, the girl who let people walk all over her. I wasn't her anymore.

I was Gemma fucking Frost, Luna of the Blood Moon pack, mate to Conner Hughes, Alpha of Blood Moon pack and I was ready for the fucking world only if it prepared for me to rain hell.

I fell and landed into something hard and my eyes snapped open. I sat up and took a deep breath, cold air entering my lungs. I looked around me.

There was only darkness.

Then, I could feel everything. I was underwater, on the lake floor. I could feel every molecule of water around me and outside where water was running through bodies.

The water in the air and in the soil. I could feel it all.

I made an arc above my head and the water followed my movements encompassing me in an air bubble. Wait a second, I could breathe underwater. Wicked.

I gathered water around my waist and I used it to propel me out of the lake. I could feel the interference with the ice. It felt weird like a rubber making sure the ice doesn't break.

I was about to change that. I blasted through the ice and fell hard on it few metered away. I coughed as my ribs made contact with the ice. I was going to have to work on that.

"Gemma!" I looked behind to see Eve and Caroline coming my way, slipping on the ice.

I stood up and run to them, my bare feet moved easily on the ice like it was a floor. I hugged both of them tight.

Then I heard grunting. I looked over their shoulders to see Ash and Jace fighting a lycan. Wait is that....

"Conner?" I whispered.

Eve and Caroline pulled back.

"It's Conner he went a little crazy after you died." Eve said.

I nodded because I knew I died, I could no longer feel the pack bond or the mate bond or...

'Winter!' I shouted practically in my head. 'Winter are you there?!'

I waited patiently but my heart was hammering in my chest.

'I'm here. Good work Gemma. I knew I could count on you.' She said.

I sighed in relief. She was fine.

"Gemma!" Caroline's fingers snapped in front of my face.

I blinked. "Right, Conner. Listen, when his attention is on me, I need you and the boys to get off the ice." I commanded.

"But-" Eve said but I cut her off.

"This is not up to discussion Eve. Do as I say." I told her.