FIVE

"Ow, ow, ow!"

I yelped, dancing around in my kitchen with my finger in my mouth. Apparently checking to see if dinner was hot by jabbing your whole pointer finger in steaming sauce mindlessly wasn't the move.

After running some cold water on my hands, I wiped them off on my bare legs, too lazy to go grab a clean hand towel.

It was turning into late June and the heat and humidity was only getting worse in Japan. It is big-tshirt-little-shorts-season. Luckily scrubs at work weren't too thick or I don't know how I would survive.

I grabbed my microwaveable dinner and lemonade and walked my way over to my couch. I always had dinner on the couch and caught up on the news or on friday's a favorite series.

Work went by quick today. After Seiko took me there, I was able to drive my own car back in the afternoon. Everything was beginning to feel routine again.

Prickly whiskers tickled at my thighs, "No, no. This is not for you Kenma." I stated firmly, softly pushing him back with my elbow.

Right on cue, the other furry face was at my feet, looking up at me hopefully.

"You guys act like I don't feed you. You can't have any of this. It's spicy, I'm sorry."

Completely ignoring what I said, they continued staring and pawing at me. I just tried to avoid them as much as possible and leaned back, grabbing the remote to turn on the TV.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

My head swiveled towards the front door.

I don't think I have any packages coming?

I thought, trying to figure out who would be at my front door, but not thinking too much of it.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

I set down the remote back on the table, never having got the chance to turn on the tv. I grabbed my plate and drink and placed it in the counter on the kitchen.

"I know you two too well." I eyed my pets, them clearly disappointed I didn't leave the food on the coffee table.

Checking through the peep hole to see if the mail person had left, I was caught by surprise. My hand went to my mouth in shock.

"Shoto?" I said under my breath.

There he was, through the little peep hole, rocking back and forth on his feet, wearing all black clothes just like before.

I quickly unlocked the door and swung it open.

"Hey." He stated causally.

"Uhm, hi?"

His eyes shamelessly ran up and down my body, taking in what I looked like. It felt vulnerable. I was suddenly very aware that I wasn't wearing a bra.

"Why are you here?" I added on.

"You look comfy." He smiled his stupid smile, looking down at my bare legs.

Irritated, I grabbed on to the door and began to close it on him, "You came here uninvited. Tell me what you want before I slam this in your face."