9 - onigiri guy

Author

Kageyama's arms fell down to his sides in defeat. Normally a loss wouldn't have taken a toll on him this much. His heart felt like it shattered into a million pieces.

"See, I told you i'd block one of your quicks today!" Lev grinned, looming over Hinata, who was sprawled out on the dirty floor.

"Yeah, I guess you did. Good game." Her eyes were shut, her breathing was heavy. What seemed like an unsightly appearance to some people was different to the eyes of everyone else on the court.

Sweat dripped down from her face and body, her ginger hair that was combed in a ponytail had become a bird's nest. Karasuno's number ten jersey was glued to the female middle blocker's sweat. She was a mess yet she still had a smile plastered on her face.

"Get your ass up," Karasuno's regular setter threw a towel on his teammate's face. Hinata could only answer with a muffled "gah". She pulled herself up and painfully walked to the bench to rest her beaten up legs.

"This idiot." Kageyama slapped his forehead and sighed. "She has no idea that the rest of the boys on the other team were ogling her. Can't she learn to not be so.. cute.. gah!"

He'd almost punch himself for saying that aloud.

"Geez.. what has this girl done to me."

———

The remaining time they spent there, Kageyama had been desperately steering dense Hinata away from Lev. With the help of his other teammates of course. Once they'd gotten word of what would happen to Hinata, it was declared that their life's mission at the moment would be to protect her.

With this many people, it wouldn't have been difficult to keep an eye on one tiny lady, right? Wrong.

Hinata

"Guys, guys!" I reached out one of my hands to tug on a shirt. My hand was surprisingly meet with an empty feel. "Guys?"

I looked around myself. I could only find an unfamiliar place surrounding me in substitute of my friends.

I checked my phone to contact one of them, but I had no service. I was lost.

The streets were packed, so were the sidewalks. There were many stores squished together. Apartments were all around. Cities sure were packed!

I remembered what my mother- Sugawara had said. When you're lost, you stay put and wait for the team to find you. Thank goodness we had a talk about this, I'll have to thank him later for the conversation.

I found an empty bench near me. Sitting myself down, I pulled out my phone. There was nothing else to do but stare at my phone.

Plugging in my earbuds, I pressed start on the video. I watched videos of little giant religiously, but even after watching videos of his plays constantly, I never got tired of watching.

"Hey, is that little giant?" I turned my head quickly, my earbud fell out. "Yes, hello? Um, who are you?"

Mom told me never to trust a guy too quickly. Especially strangers. I stared at him. He was frozen, pointing at my screen. I continued to stare at him.

It seems that he noticed my reaction. His hand dropped and he straightened himself up. I examined him.

He was a pretty nice built guy. An undercut suited him well. His hair was dyed grey. He was about my age, or looked like it. In his left hand he carried a plastic bag.

I stared at the bag. "You never know what men could be carrying, be sure to carry pepper spray at all times." Those were one of the words of wisdom my mom drilled into me. My arm reached for my back pocket. A weirdo?

The guy reached into the bag, and i had my hand ready to draw out my weapon. He carefully took out an onigiri and held it out.

I stared blankly at his hand. That wasn't very expected.

"You were looking a lot at my bag," He said, taking out another after I took the onigiri from him.

"Thanks.." I was still cautious, but I was hungry too. I hope no one I know is watching. I shamelessly opened the bag and took a bite.

Taking food from the guy you were about to pepper spray. Nice Shoyo, nice.

"Sorry, I was looking for a spot to settle down in to eat, I then noticed your screen. I guess I must have startled you." I shifted over to make room for him and motioned him to sit. I don't trust him fully, but I love making new friends!

"It's alright." The food makes up for it I guess. I offered to share my phone screen and watched with him. We both munched on our rice balls together.

"OI! OSAMU!" My attention shifted to where the noise had come from. It was onigiri guy who was sitting next to me but with blonde hair?

I looked at him and then the one sitting next to me. I pointed at onigiri guy, asking if he was Osamu. He nodded quietly, ignoring the other guy, stomping his way towards us.

His arms were full of bags. It was very noticeable that he struggled to carry them all. Osamu continued to ignore him. He watched my phone instead.

"OSAMU! YEW BIG BITCH-"

———

(A/N: lol ignore the problems with this)