7 - Not only mine

Kageyama

I eyed the two spikers who seemed to be having the time of their life babbling. I'm not sure why but seeing the two talk irritated the most out of me.

Part of me wanted to waltz over there without any reason and drag Hinata back over. To be frank, I knew it myself that I didn't like Hinata hanging out with him. I'd love to tell that tangerine not to hang out with that new guy anymore, but I'm obviously not the person to tell him that. I have no right to after all.

The constant movement in my eyes darting back and fourth, watching them and then back, must have shown to have been a sort of SOS code in someone's eyes. Thank god for it.

"Oi! Tanaka, I think that guy's tryna pick up our lil' sis!" Nishinoya glared and pulled up his non existent long-sleeves, steam rushing out of his nose. Behind him was Tanaka, doing the exact same thing with a more intimidating smile.

"Let's rough the lamp post up a little, shall we?" Nishinoya let out a loud and mischievous cackle. "Don't think the boy will get too hurt, just enough to feel a little bit of pain!"

Behind them, however, loomed Daichi's deadly aura. You could hear the death bells ringing just from watching the trouble-making second years. You just knew that Daichi had much more to say after the match. The earful they were getting at the moment wasn't nearly as much that he had in mind.

I silently prayed for them as they got dragged along to a private room. I will never forget my senpai's and all they have done. They'll forever be my favorite Libero and Wing Spiker.

"Kageyama, why don't you come grab Hinata?" I turned around and saw my savior Kiyoko. She was busy teaching our new manager, Yachi, the ropes. I'm sure Yachi was having a difficult time, her eyes were spinning and she was struggling to even speak.

For a student in the A class, she looked so troubled. There was nothing I could do but pity her.

I nodded and spun around, though really I was cheering quietly. I wanted to rip the two away from one another so badly. It took all of me to contain myself, I really was about to serve a ball at that Russian's head.

I didn't need to hear the conversation, I just wanted Hinata away. I picked her up with out thought and walked back to the direction I came from. I didn't say a word.

"A-Ah!" She flopped over my shoulder. "Kageyama! What are you doing?!"

This was so dumb. I felt my heart racing from her touch and voice. I swore, she could hear it too.

"Boke! We need to warm up, why are you just talking!"

It was a miracle that I could even function properly. I felt Hinata struggle, which only made me hold her tighter. God I wish this wouldn't end.

"Let me down at least!" She wailed. She pounded my back lightly.

Are my ears red? I swear I'm burning up. Can she see it? Oh my god.

Hinata has said something, but I was too busy to notice. I decided to ignore her, hopefully it wasn't important.

"I'll see you on the other side of the court, Lev!"

I grit my teeth. I'll serve straight into his face so that he can't see.

"Yep!" I heard him fire back faintly through all the noise on the court. "Hey! You have to go on a date with me if we win alright!"

I scarcely made out what he had said, thank god I did. That alone got me riled up for the whole game!

I glanced back over at my shoulder and watched Hinata nod back with a smile.

I was shocked. I clenched my chest and gave a small click of a tongue. What was this idiot thinking? Was she really giving him a date?!

Even so, idiot or not, it hurt. She wasn't only mine anymore, people are going after her. I can't blame them. My heart ached imagining her with someone else other than me.

She's my happiness. I can't and won't let anyone have her. I swear by it.

———
(A/N: why does it look like I'm making Kageyama a yandere lol. Anyways, short story. Just felt bored at 3:45 am and decided to do this real quick. Lmk if I made and error in anything! I will fix it! My writing is kinda crap here, but isn't all of the story crappy writing? 😎)