2 - Sizes

Author

"...HUUUHH???"

The squad had to make a double take. They all stared at their tiny middle blocker, jaws dropped in astonishment.

Nishinoya weakly pointed at Hinata, facing his coach. "You.. you mean to tell me this cute little girl is Hinata? Our Hinata?!"

Ukai nodded.

"And if you don't believe him, I can vouch for it." Ittetsu-Sensei raised his hand slightly.

The team were all in tears. They were all about ready to pounce and crush the seemingly frail girl in hugs but held back. They were now all aware of the situation she was in, so, instead of crushing her with hugs, they wanted to crush her with questions.

Ittetsu-Sensei smiled. He was glad that they could reunite again.

"I'm sure you all have a bunch of questions to ask him- I mean her. Today's practice will be used to catch up with her."

Within seconds, they all had rushed towards their teammate. None of them could figure out what to say.

"No one's asking, I'll go first." Their libero and left wing Spiker, Tanaka, both nodded at one another. Nishinoya went up to Hinata and placed a hand on her shoulder considerately.

"Since.. you were a former boy, it won't be a problem. What. Cup. Size. Are. You- GUHH!"

"DON'T EVER ASK THAT AGAIN!" Both Daichi and Sugawara had thwacked their second year friend without any restraint or mercy at all.

"Ouch.." Nishinoya sniffled, nursing his bruised head. Tanaka had took that as a warning from the two not to say anything more.

Asahi chuckled awkwardly and scratched the back of his head.

"I guess I'll ask the first actual question. What happened to you? Why're you a girl now?"

Hinata studied the faces of her team. It was obvious that it was the question everybody wanted an answer to first.

"I don't know!" The ginger said confidently. "The first day I had been absent was the day when I'd woken up and found myself in this body! The doctors didn't know what happened either. I spent the month having my mom cram information about 'womenly rules' into me." Hinata had shivered when she added the last detail in.

"Boke! You went through only that and hadn't spent any effort into emailing any of us?!" Kageyama had resisted the urge to throw his partner but couldn't hold back on yelling at her. How he wished he could take back his worry the last 30 days!

"Shut it, Bakageyama! My phone had broke the day before and I lost all of my contacts! I forgot everyone's email!" The tiny girl wailed back. She stomped her foot in frustration and puffed out her cheeks, leaving her team in a blushing mess.

Kageyama had turned around, covering his mouth with his hand. His face was the reddest of all.

"That was.. pretty cute.." Everyone had thought in unison. It was impossible to deny that the product of Hinata's transformation was extremely adorable, they knew it was over for every other boy once they knew the sweet, bright personality of hers, too. Within that moment, they knew that they had to protect Hinata at all costs. They all felt that it was their right to, as her brothers, father, and mother.

Hinata grew restless at the lack of exercise she was getting. Her face was plastered with so many signs. Her new self-announced relatives all watched her grow antsy overtime in amusement.

"Hinata, do you want to play a game of volleyball?" Yamaguchi asked in guilt. It was fun to watch Hinata squirm around, waiting to be asked to play. Yamaguchi, however, being the angel he was, he grew sympathetic and decided to spoil his friend a little.

"Really?" Hinata looked at the what-seemed-to-be-angel with her glistering eyes.

"Sure! Let's do it!" Tanaka smirked, wrapping an arm around the tiny girl's shoulder. "Hinata, how about you start calling me big brother?"

"Eh?" She looked at him, slightly taken aback. "Are you sure?"

"Of course!" He proudly pointed at himself with his thumb, "If you have me as your brother, no one in their right mind would hit on you!"

"No fair me too, me too!" Nishinoya cried out in jealousy.

"Uh, alright. Big brother Tanaka? Big brother Nishinoya?"

"AN ANGEL-" They both clutched their hearts. It was a blessing for them to be respected at this high of a level by a female.

"Alright, idiots, we can't stand here forever. Let's play already." Tsukishima sighed, adjusting his glasses with his middle finger purposely. The two glared at the sly first year with fiery. If having one rude underclassman was enough, then they were extremely grateful to have a first year like Hinata!

———

Hinata knew that everyone's eyes were on her. She decided to ignore them while she stretched herself out. She couldn't blame them for being curious, it's strange to find out that it's possible to convert into being the opposite gender without any surgery. Rather, being able to convert naturally within just a night's rest.

She did a few test hops and grinned.

"Alright! I'm ready!" The teen yelled joyfully, raising her fist in the air.

Daichi walked up to the ginger.

"Let's see if you're still able to do your quick attack first. I think that's the first thing we have to verify."

The Spiker found it relieving that Daichi still looked at her the same as before. It goes the same for everyone else. Well, not exactly everyone unfortunately. (Cough cough, Nishinoya.. Tanaka..)

It was a nerve-wracking thing for her to face the group once more after a month, even if it didn't seem like it. She had trouble deciding to come or not, but in the end, her tiny legs had done the deciding for her, leading her to the front doors of the gym.

"Yes sir!"

———

The setter and spiker looked at one another, both smirking. Hinata had gracefully jumped into the air, as usual she still looked as if she flew.

Kageyama couldn't ignore the fact that it was a blessing to be passing to this person. It was amazing to see the face she made now, and back then whenever she was up in the air. It made her happy, which also made him happy.

The raven haired first year had made a set to his partner. Hinata hit it the same as before.

The quiet room was interrupted with a loud bang from the ball.

"That was so cool!" Hinata stared at Kageyama in awe. "It's been so long since I've hit your toss, let's do it again!"

Kageyama blushed in response. "B-Boke, we still have to have a game with the others. We'll do some later."

"Not a problem!" Ukai said proudly, placing his hands on his hips. "You guys can practice all you want today. Ittestsu-Sensei and I just called Nekoma and we'll have a practice match the day Hinata comes back to school."
———