3 - Nervous Nervous Nervous!

Author

Today was the day Hinata came back. Her classmates were informed a few days prior about her current self. From one glance, you could tell how nervous she was. The way she acted at the moment was exactly how she acted before a volleyball match.

"Mom, I think I'm gonna puUke-" Hinata covered her mouth and ran to the toilet. Both her sister and mother sighed. This was the third time in twenty minutes.

"Onee-Chan, you have to stay still so I can do your hair!" Natsu crossed her arms, shooting her older sister a dissatisfied look.

"Sorry, sorry! I'm just so nervous." The older sister sat down in front of the younger one, again, for the third time. "Also, I had just noticed but didn't you adapt to my transformation too quickly? Calling me Onee-Chan without even any hesitation."

The younger girl grinned. "Well, I've always wanted an older sister so it was easy."

"What? I wasn't good enough for you?" Hinata joked, facing away from her tiny double, arms crossed.

"It's not that. All of my friends have older sisters and they're suuuper cool and nice! I wanted to brag about my older sister to them too, but I only had you until now."

Natsu got up and stepped a few steps back, admiring her handy work. She took her older sisters new phone on a nearby table and snapped a picture of her hair from the back.

"Here, you like it?" She handed Hinata the phone. Hinata stared at the picture. It was simple, but coming from a young grade schooler it was impressive. Natsu gave her low pigtails, just like herself. It was quick and easy, but cute and allowed her older sister to do sports without hair getting in the way.

"Woah! That's good, thanks!" She ruffled her sister's hair, earning her a smack on the thigh. Her eyes slowly trailed up from the screen of her phone and saw the time. "Crap! I'm gonna be late!"

The high schooler snatched her bag and put on her shoes, "Bye Mom! Bye Natsu! Thanks!"

She ran outside and grabbed her bike, quickly heading to her school.

———

Hinata sat down at her seat quietly. She put her head down on the table to cover the beads of sweat running down her face out of nervousness. Everyone was staring at her.

Hinata was not used to being the center of attention. Her mother had warned her that there were going to be people who will disregard her change, but people might also do the opposite.

She felt a hand slam down on her desk, making her jolt up out of surprise.

"Hinata!" Someone had called out cheerfully.

"Uh, yeah?"

The female looked up shyly and widened her eyes out of shock. There were a stack of cards in front of her, all wishing her well.

Her classmates were all around her, smiling. They didn't look at her in disgust. They looked at her the same as before.

Her eyes softened. She could feel tears forming in her eyes, and soon they fell rapidly.

"You guys- thank you!"

Everyone watched and comforted the small girl, giving her reassuring smiles. They had used the rest of the time before class started to catch up with the girl.

It all ended up well in home room. She was glad it did but she knew that one day she'd hear hate comments sooner or later.

———

It was a long day for Hinata. The majority of the school had accepted her, of course there were some hateful people, but they got shut down right away by those supporting Hinata. She was really glad she came to this school.

"Hinata, get ready and put your jersey on. We're going to Nekoma's school today!" Someone called out.

"Okay!" She yelled back. The team didn't treat her any differently. Even after she's changed. Even after she came back after a month. She wondered how she was able to get such understanding people around her.

———

On the ride there she wondered how people would react to her change. Would they be disgusted? Grossed out?

Hinata shook her head and let out a small sigh. She couldn't allow these negative thoughts to get to her. She watched buildings, cars, trees pass by out of the window of the bus.

"What's wrong?"

The girl turned her head, staring at her raven haired partner. She shook her head and smiled.

"It's nothing, I was just thinking about everyone's thoughts on me."

Shoyo has no reason to lie. Her partner was an idiot but not that big of one to pass by her lie on accident.

"You know, you're still Hinata Shoyo no matter what. This team and I bet every other team won't treat you wrong just because of your situation. You're still our middle-blocker and you're still their opponent. It's still going to be the same."

Everyone on the bus nodded in agreement.

"That's right, Shoyo! Big brother Noya is always going to be there for you and so is the rest of the team!" The libero popped his head out from the chair behind them. "If anybody wants to think bad of you, we'll beat them up!" He did some few air punches for show.

The girl giggled, bringing warmth around her friends. "Thanks guys, I'm really glad you're my teammates. I couldn't ask for anything more."

The small silence was a silence of happiness. Everyone knew how tough it had been for her. It didn't show on her, but they knew. The only thing that they could do was be with her and support her.

The bus ride to Nekoma was used to catch up with Hinata some more. In the end, they had all given Hinata their emails again.

"Alright everyone, we're here." The bus driver announced. Everyone climbed out.

"Nice Shoyo!" Noya smirked. "For once you didn't puke in the car! I'm proud of you, it's your first day back having matches too!"

Hinata looked at her upperclassman in shock. She had forgotten all about it, but suddenly, her stomach wasn't feeling the greatest thinking about it now.

"Th-thanks. I gotta go!" She dashed towards the building, disappearing in everyone's sight.

Everyone glared at the second year who ignited the scene.

"Haha.. I guess she forgot about it."

———

(A/N): this wasn't the best writing I've done so far, sorry about the bad quality if you've noticed. I was in a rush haha, I'll fix some of it later.