Chapter 24

Aven's POV:

Last night Deniz texted me that Laurynn was okay but I haven't heard from either of them since. It was time to get on the bus now and they were both MIA. I was in the middle of sulking in front of bus 2 when I heard a few sleepy giggles coming from the back entrance.

Deniz and Laurynn burst through the door, hands locked together, both of them struggling to carry their luggage with one hand. They pecked each other an the lips after they dropped their bags on the floor, giggling again  and running up the stairs to the bus.

I've never heard Deniz giggle before. What the fuck is going on?

"15 minutes!" Zayn yelled from behind a different bus.

I followed Laurynn and Deniz onto the bus and saw them cuddled up next to each other on the couch.

"Want to explain what's going on with you two?" I glared as I sat down across from them. The two of them looked at each other and laughed again.

"We're together!" They said in unison. I felt as if I'd been hit with a ton of bricks.

"W-what?" I knew Laurynn liked girls but I'd never discussed it with Denny.

"Are you mad?" Laurynn asked nervously. I shook my head.

"No, no. I-I'm just. I don't know. I think I need some time to process." I slowly stood up and left the bus. I took out my phone and texted Alex.

From Aven
Can I come onto bus 1?

From Alex
Yeah of course

I hesitatingly climb up the stairs of bus one. No one was out in the lounge so I assumed they were all trying to sleep.

I chose a seat in the far corner, making myself as unnoticeable as I could. My mind was no thoughts head empty. I wasn't mad or grossed out, I was happy for them but my two best friends dating is weird. I just needed something to take my mind off it.

Lucky for me, plot convenience exists.

I straddled Harry's waist, my hands tangled in his hair. He kissed me passionately, his hands groping my ass.

By now we were at the hotel. Harry abruptly stood up, knocking me to the floor. I looked up at him and realized my hands were full of his hair.

"I have hair loss okay? Give it to me." He took the clumps of hair from my hands and tucked them into his pocket. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me up, dragging me off the bus.

He dragged us to the entrance to our hotel, throwing me into the front desk as he got our room keys. He grabbed my arm again, dragging me across the floor and into the elevator. When we were in the elevator he picked me up and slammed my back against the wall, kissing me again.

At this point my body was so bruised I couldn't put up a fight. He continued to kiss me as the elevator door opened, leading us out into the hall and eventually to my door.

As soon as he opened the door he screamed like a bitch and dropped me onto the floor. I landed on a bed of spikes. Luckily I was wearing my plot armor and was able to pull myself up to see what Harry had screamed at. As soon as I saw it I screamed too.

The floor was converted in spiked and the words "threatening message" written in blood. In the middle of the words was a human heart.

Harry pulled me into his chest so I didn't have to look at it anymore. I started sobbing into his shirt. The other boys were behind us when we raced upstairs so they were in the hallway when we found it.

Harry and the boys exchanged looks and Harry pulled away from me, looking me in the eye.

"I have to tell you something."

•••

"Do I really have to be blindfolded?" I asked, I held onto Harry's arm as the van Niall was driving bumped along the road.

"Yes." Four separate voices responded in unison. I scoffed but stayed silent for the rest of the drive.

Harry held both my hands and led me out of the van when it stopped. I heard doors opening, beeps, voices, but I couldn't make out anything specifically.

Harry kept hold of my hands as we walked through the building. When we stopped Harry moved behind me and gently untied the blindfold. It took me a few moments to get adjusted to the light.

I was standing in a godfather type office with a large window that looked into a giant room with a bunch of people working. There were large garage doors on one end, a few were open and has busses backed up into them.

I turned to look behind me and saw that it was the just the boys anymore. Alex and four others I didn't know now stood or sat around the room.

"What is this place?" I looked up at Harry.

"Welcome to the modern day mafia."

Sorry this was a bit short but I have a little announcement.

Thank you for 18k!!!!

Also Alex, Mali, Tessa, Alissa and Haley will all be getting their own chapters very soon so umm, get excited?

Mwah ily guys 😘😘
-Pastor Lee