Chapter 27 - Tessa

"Oh my god, Tessa!" He screamed, running towards me as I lay on the floor. He dropped to his knees and immediately started to put pressure on my wound.

"Oh my god oh my god. Please not her. Tessa!" I looked up at him as my vision became blurry. "Help! Somebody help! Please!" He screamed into the empty hallway as tears filled his eyes and blood soaked his hands.

I slowly reached my hand up to touch his wrist. He looked over to me as tears streamed down his face. I smiled softly.

"It's okay." I whispered. He shook his head.

"No! I've got you Tess, you're gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay." He looked around frantically but no one came. "Please!" He begged. "Help us."

His cries for help faded out slowly as my view turned black.

5 hours earlier...

"Okay, you ready?" I called from the bathroom as I clipped my name tag onto my fake uniform.

'Showbiz' wanted us to attend a fancy banquet downtown later tonight. Except we won't be guests, we'll be the wait staff.

"Yeah I'm good." Harry called back from the main room. He had been here for about a year so he was still relatively new. Showbiz wanted me to take him with me because this was a pretty easy mission and he needed experience.

I walked out into the main room and saw him fixing his hair in front of the mirror, dressed in a similar waiter uniform to mine.

"You spend more time on your hair than me." I teased and he rolled his eyes.

"I have to look good for the hot waitresses." I was glad that he was comfortable enough around me to joke with me.

"We have to go soon. Showbiz will snap out necks if we mess this up."

"Why do you call Malaki showbiz?" Harry asked, as we left the hotel room.

"Do I need to explain everything to you Harry?" I suddenly switched from playful to harsh. He gave me a weird look but didn't answer. I rolled my eyes and punched him in the arm. "I'm joking Harold." I knew that he hates it when I call him Harold but that just makes me want to do it more.

"Stop calling me Harold, Teresa." I absolutely hate it when he calls me Teresa for two reasons.
1. I'm not Tess from after.
2. My full name isn't even Teresa, my full name is a secret.

I quickly grabbed one of the knives I was carrying and held it up to his throat.

"What did I say about calling me Teresa?" His eyes widened and he looked down at the knife and then back to me.

"To not call u Teresa."

"Thank you." I rolled my eyes as we climbed into the car we were using to get to the ballroom.

"So you're allowed to make fun of me but I can't make fun of you?" Harry tried to plug his phone into the aux but I slapped his hand away.

"Yes. That is exactly how this works."

•••

We were about halfway through the night and my feet were already aching like hell. Harry was doing really well undercover and I can't say I'm not at least a little proud.

Our whole mission here is simply to establish a connection to the banquet. It's a yearly event with tons of filthy rich people in attendance. We decided that it was best to go as wait staff for a year and then go as guests another year to see in which position it's easier to slip away and perform illegal acts.