Chapter 39

Double update because you're all so cute💜

___________

"Did you talk with him?" Taehyung asks as soon as he sees Jungkook enter the school doors that he only hours before had rushed out from. Taehyung had been through a few lessons, but all the free time was spent on pacing around, wondering where Jungkook and Yoongi were. 

Jungkook is happy he got to speak with the elder. They sat together at the lake for a while longer and just talked about everything. Yoongi even talked about his future and his dreams, opening up to Jungkook in a way the younger could only have wished for. So when he sees Taehyung's extremely worried expression, he can't help but smile brightly and nod at the question. 

"I did. He's better."

"But where is he?" Taehyung looks behind Jungkook's bigger body but Yoongi is nowhere in sight. He has his hands placed on Jungkook's upper arms to hold his balance and it immediately puts Jungkook totally off guard. He gulps slightly.

"H-He said he would visit a friend for a while, I think he needs to figure some things out for himself," Jungkook states.

"Oh..." Taehyung pulls back and looks down slightly. He's glad Jungkook got to speak with their friend, but Taehyung really want to see him too. 

"How are the others?" Jungkook questions.

"They went home, I think they will figure it out. It will probably take some time though," Taehyung replies and lets his hands fall to his sides. He didn't notice he was still holding Jungkook until he felt how tense the other's body was. He looks up at the raven with a knowing smile.

"So. We can still have our date, right?" he asks and Jungkook's cheeks start reddening. They have done that way too many times today. He can feel Jeon in the back of his head wagging his tail happily. The wolf hasn't been much of a burden these days, probably because they are finally getting closer to Taehyung. It's nice.

"Y-Yeah," he says and does everything in his might to not get eye contact. He soon feels the usual warm palm on his cheek as Taehyung cares for it. He really loves doing that for some reason.

"Let's go then."

______________

"So. I have no idea how to make food," Taehyung states as he stands in front of the counter after having secured an apron around his thin waist. He watched as Jungkook put his on as well and honestly the male looks adorable in pink and white colors.

"Really?" Jungkook asks as he pulls out some ingredients from one of the drawers. He's planning on having them make a strawberry cake, but he didn't take into consideration that Taehyung might actually not know how to. He has basically only talked with Jin through his entire life and he knows to cook so it's new for him that someone doesn't.

He guesses he'll have the other boys over too to see if they can cook, someday.

"Yeah, my mom loves cooking so she usually does it. I know it's strange being an omega who can't cook," Taehyung giggles as helps Jungkook move all their things to the table. 

"Well, it's not a hard recipe, I'll help you through it," Jungkook smiles and grabs the cake base, unwrapping it. He's glad he picked such an easy cake, the most challenging thing is decorating it, so he thought that it would be funnier to do. 

Taehyung stands beside him so their arms bump together. Jungkook flinches and looks down, seeing that their faces are really close. He bites his lip as he looks at Taehyung's beautiful and captivating smile. Stunning as always.

"Well, lead the way captain."

They get to work and Jungkook keeps coming back to Taehyung's side and supervise how he's doing. The whipped cream and chocolate has to be made first in their individual way before they start building the cake. Meanwhile, both of them are brainstorming about how it should look and what motives they should make with the whipped cream. The strawberries also have to be cut nicely and some of them have to get mixed into a separate cream that goes in between the layers.