Our dads should honestly know us better than this.

We had been cuddling and watching TikTok for an hour when the door suddenly opened. I looked to the door in fear. 

In walked Sweet Pea's sister, oh thank god.

Betty: fuck I nearly had a heart attack. I mumbled into Sweet Pea's shoulder.
Sophie: you seriously came here and didn't say hello? She said as she raised an eyebrow.

She took a seat on the corner of Sweet Pea's bed and I crawled over to her, giving her a big hug.

Betty: I'm grounded. I pouted.
Sophie: I heard, you two got into a fight? I nodded my head.
Sophie: I can't have the Aunty of my child hurt. She said.

Sophie is pregnant and like the older sister I've always wanted. She's the absolute best.

Sweet Pea: what about the uncle? Who is blood related. He said
Sophie: I love Betty more. She winked. I smiled.

Just as she said that, Fp walked into the room. You have to be kidding me.

Fp: hello Betty. He said as he crossed his arms.
Betty: good evening Fp, how are you? Are you doing something new with your hair? It looks really nice. I smiled.
Fp: how nice of you to say Betty. I guess you want to stay here? He asked nicely.
Betty: yes please, I would really appreciate it. I said as he walked closer to me.
Fp: no idiot. He said as he scooped me up and threw my over his shoulder.
Betty: put me down! I said.
Sophie: dad I told her to come here. I wanted to speak to her. She said, trying to help me.
Fp: liar. He said.

He began walking downstairs and I groaned.

Betty: I don't even know why we're grounded. You and my dad taught us how to fight. I said.
Fp: yeah, but not for this petty shit. He said.
Betty: do you want Sweet Pea and I to die? It's survival of the fittest around here.
Fp: it will be survival of the fittest when I ban you two from dating. I gasped.
Betty: you ban me from dating Sweet Pea and we'll ran away together. And I promise I'm not bluffing. I warned him.
Fp: Betty all we asked was for you two to spend a night apart. It really shouldn't be that hard. He said as we walked outside.
Betty: I am utterly in love with your son, shouldn't that be something you're happy about? I asked.
Fp: I'm so glad you're not my kid. He mumbled.
Betty: I mean I practically am. No matter what you say, you did kinda raise me. I smiled.
Fp: no. He said.
Betty: you're really mean today, I think you should say sorry. He rolled his eyes and didn't say anything else.

He walked into my house and dropped me onto the couch, next to my dad.

Fp: thought I should deliver your child back to you. He said and then walked out.

I turned to my dad and bit my lip. I was in a lot of trouble.

Hal: I don't know whether to laugh or ground you for the rest of the year. He said as he shook his head.
Betty: laugh because I'm scared. I asked hopefully. He chuckled. I let out a relieved breath and hugged into his side.
Betty: I'm sorry for sneaking out dad. I said.
Hal: thank you. He said as he wrapped his arms around me too.
Betty: we need to talk about Fp's attitude, on the way here he was really mean. Plus, he threatened to ban me from dating Sweet Pea. I said making him laugh.
Hal: maybe he's onto something. I groaned.
Betty: ban me from dating Sweet Pea and I promise to find a guy who you will hate. I said making him laugh.

We spent the rest of the night on the couch, talking and laughing.

This is honestly better than trying to sneak out to see Sweet Pea. I haven't spent quality time with my dad in along time, I'm glad we're doing this.

Once it got later, we called it a night.

——

It was the next morning and we were having breakfast at Fp's.

When I walked inside his house, I passed him with a smirk. He shook his head playfully.

Betty: look, you just can't stay away from me. I said to Fp.

I walked into the kitchen and sat next to the seat where Sophie usually sits.

Fp: you are unbelievable. He said.
Betty: what? I asked as I looked up to him.
Fp: you jumped out a window to spend time with Sweet Pea yesterday but you won't even sit next to him today? He said.
Betty: you see Fp, Sweet Pea and I are more than capable of spending time apart, until we're told we're not allowed to. I said.
Sweet Pea: bingo. He said as he looked at his phone. Fp just looked at us in disbelief.

Once everything was set on the table and everyone had sat, I noticed that Sophie wasn't here.

Betty: where's Soph? I asked Fp.
Fp: she's not really in the mood to talk to anyone-
Sweet Pea: she said she'd stab me if I went into her room again.
Betty: do you want me to speak to her? He nodded his head.

I got up and walked upstairs to her room.

Sophie is my best friend, I love her so much. She's also so brave and strong.

Her boyfriend and her planned to have a child. When she was 3 months pregnant, she found out he had cheated.

She decided to kick him out of her and the babies life and that she was going to do this by herself. With the help of her family of course.

I knocked on the door and she instantly yelled for me to go away.

Betty: it's me Soph. I said softly.
Sophie: Betty not now. She sobbed.
Betty: come on Soph, let me in.

She didn't say anything so I took her silence as a yes.

I slowly opened the door and saw her sitting on her bed, laying on her side as she cried into her pillow.

I let out a sigh as I walked to her bed and took a seat beside her.

I rubbed her back gently as I waited for her to talk.

Sophie: how am I going to do this Betty. I can't. She sobbed.
Betty: Sophie this is all you have wanted for the past five years. You're going to get through this because you're the strongest person I know. Plus, you have me, your dad, my dad and Pea. I said as I laid down next to her.
Sophie: do you actually think I can do this? She asked.
Betty: of course I do. I smiled.

She smiled too as she embraced me in a tight hug.

Sophie: thank you. She said. I said nothing as I continued to hold her.

It had been a while and she had gone back to her usual bubbly self.

Betty: want me to bring some food up here or eat downstairs? I asked her.
Sophie: let's eat downstairs. She smiled.

A/N
We love the Princess and a gun vibes