Betty x Sweet Pea

I like this one 🥺 make sure to vote and comment. I'm genuinely begging, please don't let this flop.

Betty POV:

Betty: Jughead I don't know why you're saying this. We're doing fine. I sobbed out.

I sat in front of my computer as I FaceTimed my boyfriend Jughead.

He lives on the South Side of Riverdale and I now live three hours away from him. I go to Stonewall Prep.

We talk everyday and on weekends I visit him, now he's saying that long distance isn't working for us.

We've been fine up until today where he surprisingly told me he wants to break up and not do long distance anymore.

Jughead: look Betty, I want a girl who is with me all the time. Not three hours away. He said.
Betty: Jughead this is only for seven more months. Then we'll be together again, full time. I said.
Jughead: I don't want you anymore. He said as he ended the call.

I was sobbing as I tried to stifle back my cries.

I was in my room alone as my roommate Dona, spent it with her boyfriend a few halls over.

It was 3 am when I had managed to reasonably calm down.

I used my sleeve to wipe away my tears as I stood up and walked down to the cafeteria. I wanted to grab a drink of water before I went to bed.

There would be no one there at that time, thank god, because I didn't want anyone at all to see me like this.

I walked down the long corridors until I arrived at the cafeteria. I turned on my touch from my phone and walked to the back of the kitchen.

I went to pull a glass from out of the cabinet when out of the corner of my eyes I saw a human figure.

I looked to my left and saw Sweet Pea sitting on the floor.

We both looked to each other with confused looks.

Betty: Sweet Pea? I said.

Sweet Pea is one of my friends. I tutor him in English every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday.

Sweet Pea: Betty? He said.

I looked to cross legged figure and saw a cat in his lap.

I walked to the corner and switched on the lights.

Betty: how do you have a cat? I asked him.

We're not allowed to have pets here.

Sweet Pea: parents snuck her in on their last visit. He smiled as he pet her head.
Sweet Pea: are you okay? He asked.

Probably an easy give away were my blood shot eyes.

Betty: not really. I said with a sad smile.
Sweet Pea: wanna pet her? He asked with a smile. I chuckled as I nodded my head.

I walked over to Sweet Pea and sat opposite him. He gently placed the cat into my lap and she curled up into my lap.

Betty: what's her name? I asked as I ran my hand along her silky fur.
Sweet Pea: Missy. He smiled.
Betty: how come you have her here? I asked.
Sweet Pea: helps with my anxiety. He said and I nodded my head.
Betty: and why are you here in the kitchen? I asked.
Sweet Pea: needed to feed her. He said.
Sweet Pea: what's going on with you? He asked softly.
Betty: my boyfriend and I broke up. I said as I kept my eyes on Missy.
Sweet Pea: I'm sorry Betty. He said.
Betty: it's okay. I whispered.

We sat in silence for about thirty minutes.

Missy purred calmly in my lap, causing a small little smile on my face.

Betty: I always wanted a cat. I spoke. He smiled.
Sweet Pea: they're the best, dogs are overrated. He said making me chuckle.
Sweet Pea: hey, I'm going to bed. You can take the spare bed and missy can stay with you. She gives the best cuddles, always makes me feel better. He said. I looked to him and smiled.
Sweet Pea: what? He chuckled.
Betty: you're really sweet, Pea. I smiled. He blushed lightly.
Sweet Pea: come on. He smiled as he stood up.

He picked up Missy from my lap and offered me a hand to get up.

Sweet Pea held Missy in his jacket as her head slightly poked out. I couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

Sweet Pea is being so cute and sweet. I never expected this from the tough footballer I'm use to knowing.

We walked to his room and Sweet Pea quickly locked the door behind us.

Sweet Pea turned on the lamp and placed Missy on the spare bed that I'd be sleeping in.

Sweet Pea: good night Missy. He smiled as he kissed her head.

I like this cute side of him, much more interesting then his team mates boring attitudes and personalities.

Sweet Pea: good night Betty. He said as we both got into our respected beds.

Missy curled up by my arms and rested her head on the bed.

Betty: good night Sweet Pea. I said.

——

From that night, I dropped all contact with Jughead as I began spending every spare moment I had with Sweet Pea.

He was really sweet to me that night and our friendship was growing fast.

We were friends before all of this, but now I consider him my best friend, the person I tell everything too.

It's been a month since that night and I've honestly never been happier.

I was currently sitting in Sweet Pea's room as I played with Missy.

I was waiting for Sweet Pea to return back from his football try outs.

Every six months they have to retry for the team. It's to make sure they're performing to the expected level. If they're not, they're kicked out of the school.

It's really harsh, but that's the way it works.

Sweet Pea has been anxious about this all week.

When he gets anxious, I've noticed that he becomes quiet and likes silence, as well as Missy sitting in his lap.

Sweet Pea came back after about an hour and I could see how his anxiety was racing a million miles per hour.

He laid on his bed and said nothing.

I picked up Missy and placed her on the left of him. I laid down on his right and looked to him.

Betty: I'm sure you did great Sweet Pea. I whispered.

That's all I said until he was ready to talk.

We laid in silence for a while, giving him time to calm down.

I watched as he started patting Missy, this means that he was starting to feel a little better.

Sweet Pea: what if I didn't do good enough Betty? He asked as he turned to me.
Betty: Sweet Pea I went to one of your games, despite how boring it was, you were the best there. He offered me a small smile.
Betty: I promise you're not going anywhere, you're stuck with me. I said making him smile, then blush.

Sweet Pea: Betty? Is there something going on between us? He asked.
Betty: I'd like to think so. I smiled.
Sweet Pea: would you maybe consider being my girlfriend. You don't have to say yes, and you can think about-
Betty: Sweet Pea of course I would love to be your girlfriend. I smiled.

Missy came in between us both and purred as she layed down, going to sleep.

Sweet Pea: she likes you. He smiled.
Betty: what can I say, I'm amazing. I joked.
Sweet Pea: you sure are. He smiled.

A/N
babies